[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello from newbie Denise

Hello from newbie Denise

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from newbie Denise

Postby Denise » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:30 pm

II would just like yo say hello to everyone. I live in County Durham just moved from Newcastle upon tyne. My Doctor back in Newcastle said I had Fibromyalgia last year my doc heres not to sure, so he wants me to have more tests :( Saying that he was very happy to give me Amitriptyline for my pain...it all started a few years back with knee pain, then ankle then my left arm..then on to my shoulders and neck now my right arm...the pain I can live with its the extreme fatigue thats really gets me..If I do something one day I know that will be all I can manage for a few days so frustrating. Its no wonder people think your depressed its not nice and most people dont know about Fibromyalgia. I didnt! until I got a rash across my face which the Dr thought could be the malar rash of lupus but tests came back negative. I have had to give up work because if I went one day I had to sleep the next..not good. Im off to read the posts now. Thanks for reading this bye for now.
Regards
Denise
Denise
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello from newbie Denise

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:01 pm

Hi & :welcome:

Maybe see a Rhuemotologist or physiotherapist as they can also check for fibro :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Denise » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:51 pm

Thanks for the reply Lisa my next visit to the Dr is on monday will ask to be refered.. every Dr has a different attitude towards fibromyalgia...heard from some people that some Dr's say it doesnt exist its a bit like :banghead: at least he is giving me the meds. As it was my first visit to him maybe he just needs to wait for my files..I'll just have the blood tests to keep him happy :)
:hugs: to you
Denise
UKFM Newbie

Postby lullabell28 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:31 pm

hi denise nice to meet u i'm lynsey and i know what u mean about dr's i seen 3 dr's before i was taken seriously i'm now waiting on app to see a physio been on list for 5 months now! all a waiting game :D my new dr is fab!
take care
lynsey
lullabell28
UKFM Member

Postby Denise » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:15 pm

Hi Lynsey its good to here your Dr is great...Fibromyaglia is bad enough. I have never been to the Dr's for 10 years before this started..if I look back I've had these problems for a lot of years.. hope you get your appointment soon..5 month is a long time
Take care
Denise
Denise
UKFM Newbie

Postby Pepsi67 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:52 am

Hi Denise,

I'm new here too but just thought i'd say welcome and hope to chat soon :D
Pepsi67
UKFM Member

Postby Ellen Tracey » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:03 pm

Hi Denise :wave:
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:17 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Denise » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:32 pm

Thankyou all for the welcome :D
Denise
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello