[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newly diagnosed in Worcester UK

Newly diagnosed in Worcester UK

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newly diagnosed in Worcester UK

Postby Miss sleepy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:39 pm

Hi there. I'm Cheryl and was diagnosed this week after being backwards and forwards to docs and having various tests since last May. Don't really know what FM entails other than what I've read on the net and the little info the GP gave me. Currently trying to learn my limitations and hoping to pick up some good advice from here :) ill try and keep up but seem to spend so much time just staring at the wall without realising it lately. Supposed to be going back to work part time next week! Zoned out and in charge of teenagers could be interesting.
Miss sleepy
UKFM Member

Re: Newly diagnosed in Worcester UK

Postby gillshutt » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:57 am

Hi and welcome to the forum :hugs: sorry you have FM though. If you have any questions just ask and someone will be along to help.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Miss sleepy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:09 am

Thanks Gill. I'll have a flick back through old posts and see what info is already there first :) Im a comittie member for a VAG enthusiast club and know how irate our members get with people who don't search, although this is a hobby that is almost impossible to enjoy anymore.
I have a 4 year old son with ADHD and and EBD so hoping to see how it's affecting others with young kids.
Also got a 3 month old Lhasapoo puppy who is keeping me smiling and gives me a reason to force myself to walk, can still manage going to the bottom of the lane and back so trying to keep that up. I moved here specifically so I could walk my boy to school and then walk on to work and now I have to drive, it's ridiculous. Driving is enough of a challenge in itself! Looking to sell my car (show car with loads of work put in, love her to bits) Nd getting a little automatic that's easier to drive.
Never judge a day by the weather.
The best things in life aren't things.
Speak softly and wear a loud shirt.
Goals are deceptive - the unaimed arrow never misses.
Beauty is internal - looks mean nothing.
No rain - no rainbows.
Miss sleepy
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:57 pm

I have 3 kids, the youngest is 6... hard enough at my age (52 in March) but with FM as well some days are really hard. Your puppy sounds gorgeous :) I've got a grumpy old boxer and a 4 yr old staffie lurcher cross... along with all the other pets :roll: :lol:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby alihud » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:00 pm

Hey there Cheryl welcome to the group.I'm Ali in wiltshire and have 2 kids aged 13 and 10 and three dogs,a pug and 2 rescue dogs a patterdale terrier and a whippet cross and they really keep me walking.I find driving hard as well,infact i find everything hard except lying in the bath lol.
Ali xxx
alihud
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:22 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello