[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hi ya - im a newbie

hi ya - im a newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi ya - im a newbie

Postby fairy dust » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:32 am

:D hi everyone, im mel, 29 from cambridgeshire,newly diagnosed with fm,cfs,(chronic fatigue syndrome)rls( restless leg syndrome) and tos(thoraxic output syndrome)

im glad to have found this site and other people like me that will hopefully understand when im having a bad day :) its nice not to feel so alone with this fm,

well thats it for now,xxx :wave:
please bear with me - my brain works fine its the body that lets me down !
fairy dust
UKFM Member

Re: hi ya - im a newbie

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi fairy dust & :welcome:

Glad to have you with us :hugs: but sorry you have fm/cfs to :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Miss sleepy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Hiya :wave:
Never judge a day by the weather.
The best things in life aren't things.
Speak softly and wear a loud shirt.
Goals are deceptive - the unaimed arrow never misses.
Beauty is internal - looks mean nothing.
No rain - no rainbows.
Miss sleepy
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:48 pm

Hello :welcome: to the forum.
Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby crazynightowl » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:05 am

Hi mel, :welcome:
I'm sure you'll find lots of understanding on here:)
How are you getting on since being diagnosed?
Have they started you on any treatments?
Hope you're doing ok,
take care,
Mads (crazynightowl)
crazynightowl
UKFM Member

Postby fairy dust » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:28 am

thanks for the welcome

i have been medicated for the last few years due to the drs not knowing what was wrong with me,i take a mixture of pain killers,anti sickness,reflux meds and anti depressants

currently we are on income support as dla wont acknowledge i need the help, even though i use crutches 90 % of the time and a wheelchair the other 10% so at the moment i am in the process of strating a appeal with them,-god help me !! :crazy:

i was fully diagnosed sept just gone by a new doctor, saw him again last thurs and he is sending me for mri scan and for a 3 week stay in hospital so that they can sort all my meds,pain levels out ect,so not looking forward to that,as i have 3 kids at home too,8,7 + 4 so a handfull still,but hubby has been at home for the last 5 years as my carer so he will have kids,

just taking each day at a time,waiting to see what each new day throws at me and coping the best i can :)
please bear with me - my brain works fine its the body that lets me down !
fairy dust
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:55 pm

Hi Mel and welcome to the forum :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:18 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello