[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi - Newly diagnosed

Hi - Newly diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi - Newly diagnosed

Postby Kareen » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:13 pm

Hi, I have just been diagnosed today with FMS. I have had joint problems most of my life (at least from as young as 6) and have suffered from numerous dislocations and torn tendons and ligaments and was finally diagnosed with Hypermobility about 12 years ago. After learning to cope with these problems I was in a car crash just over a year ago and my symptoms became much worse, more regular flare ups and much more widespread and I started to suffer from bad fatigue. I have even had to change my working hours to very part time as I can only manage to work a maximum of 3/3½ hours a day and do this now 3 days a week so I have a couple of days to rest. I was referred to a rheumatologist and had my appointment today where he diagnosed (as well as my hypermobility) Fibromyalgia and also told me that, due to my hypermobility, I can expect to get osteoarthritis at least 10 years earlier than if I didn't have it. Just as well I have never been a quitter.

I live in Scotland with my husband and 2 kids, 3 dogs, hamster, 2 guinea pigs and also have a pony who is presently on loan to the RDA (partly because I am unable to look after him properly anymore). My son has ADHD, ODD and OCD so is hard work as it is, even without my own problems and unfortunately both of my kids are already showing signs of hypermobility so we will just have to monitor them over the next few years and hope it doesn't become as severe.

I look forward to getting to know people on this site and reading through the articles.
Kareen
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi - Newly diagnosed

Postby ladymanvers » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:53 pm

:welcome: Kareen :!: :grouphug:

Ju.xx
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Postby crazynightowl » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:40 am

Hi Kareen :welcome:
Good to meet you.
Sounds like things are pretty tough and you have a lot to cope with. You should find support and understanding on here which will hopefully help.
I know what it's like to have multiple illnesses and problems (though not the same exact ones as yours-apart from fibro) so know it's hard to live with, and juggle everything.
If you ever want a chat or even a moan, or anything at all, give me a shout! :)
Best wishes,
Maddie
crazynightowl
UKFM Member

Postby pinksandblues » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:55 am

Hi Kareen ,there seams to be a pattern here :lol: i also have sons with OCD , ASD and ADHD , one showing strong signs of Hypomobility , and i ve got three dogs ive also just been given seven different tablets to help me cope :lol: ... welcome though ,i hope you enjoy the forum :welcome: wendy
pinksandblues
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:04 am

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave: If you have any questions just ask and someone will be along to help.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:05 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby crazynightowl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:44 am

:wave: Welcome!
Good luck with it all. Sounds like things are hard for you for lost of reasons. Hope you can get some of these fibro symptoms under control and that your rheumy's helpful with that! That should hopefully make the rest of your probs a bit more bearable!
Take care.
Mads
crazynightowl
UKFM Member

Postby Kareen » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:28 pm

Kareen
UKFM Newbie

Postby gillshutt » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:45 pm

That's much the same thing that happens to most of us I'm afraid. Most rheumy's have no idea what to do anyway... ami's and exercise is all they say, then when/if it doesn't work it's your gp who gets to go from there.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello