[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hello to everyone

hello to everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello to everyone

Postby beloved » Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:01 am

hi, i am a 42 year old mum of 3, married to a lovely husband for 22 years.
My youngest child is 12 and i developed fm after having postnatal depression with her.
i have always managed the condition well myself but recently i have needed medical help for pain and i am struggling to sleep.
I have other issues in my life which add to stress levels including a 17 year old son with ADHD and autistic tendancies.
I hope to find support and ideas from people here and to be able to offer support too.
:wave:
beloved
UKFM Newbie

Re: hello to everyone

Postby gillshutt » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:04 am

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave: so sorry you have FM though :( Any questions just ask and someone will be along to help :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:02 am

Hi & :welcome:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:57 am

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby mischief » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi I just joined today :wave:
mischief
UKFM Member

Postby crazynightowl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:15 am

Hi,
Nice to meet you.
There are medicines to help sleep as well as pain. The tricyclic antidepressants eg, one called amitriptyline can be good for sleep (even if you're not depressed they may give you them in small dose to help with sleep and pain). I used to be on this drug, and it was very helpful for both.
Also, wheat packs you heat in microwave can help sore patches, or hot water bottle. Amongst other stuff!
Good luck.
Mads
crazynightowl
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello