hello, I'm back

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello, I'm back

Postby smoky » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:44 pm

Hello there
I'm back after a gap; just to let you all know that I was diagnosed today. After a fare up, I went to my doc and had a chat and finally said; so I think this is fibro; we have eliminated everything else. To my surprise, after more than a year of hesitating, she has agreed. She accepts my pain and has prescribed amitryptaline? as a first port of call to try and get the pain under control. It is funny really as the pain has not actually been quite so bad this winter; it has been other symptoms that have caused me worries; eyes not focussing, wierd breathing episodes, etc.

For those of you who dont know/remember me, I live in Toulouse in the SW of France and 4 years ago whilst still in the uk, had a severe bout of slap cheek (parvo virus). It was after this that the pain began. Then 18mths ago I saw a podiatrist as I had tendontius in both heels. He began to examine me and then stopped and asked if he could check me all over; he stated that the pain I had in every tendon point was not usual and I had to go back to my doc; That was the start of the search for a diagnosis.

In some ways I am sad to be proved right in having fibro; but at the same time it is a little scary
However I feel lucky too as I am still generally mobile and able to live my life.
Anyway, hello to all; I will pop in as and when to chat 8)
smoky
UKFM Member

Re: hello, I'm back

Postby shazq » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:59 pm

:welcome: Back.
Glad to hear you got the answer to your health problems in the end.
Sorry it turned out to be fibro but at least you know we are here for help and support. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:08 am

Hi and welcome back.. glad you have a dx but sorry you have FM (if you know what I mean) :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:12 am

Hi & :welcome: back :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Miss sleepy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:13 am

:welcome: back
Never judge a day by the weather.
The best things in life aren't things.
Speak softly and wear a loud shirt.
Goals are deceptive - the unaimed arrow never misses.
Beauty is internal - looks mean nothing.
No rain - no rainbows.
Miss sleepy
UKFM Member

Postby smoky » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:23 pm

thx for the welcome! 8)
smoky
UKFM Member

Postby ladymanvers » Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:37 pm

I am getting the eyes not focussing and the weird breathing thing! I'm under investigation for the breathing probs and have an oximeter over this weekend to record my oxygen levels while asleep; I have probs in the day sometimes too...what are your probs like?

Ju.xx :wave:
ladymanvers
UKFM Member

Postby smoky » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:36 am

with the eyes it is just a matter of not being able to refocus from time to time. The breathing is that I suddenly seem to need to hyperventilate and breathe heavily as if exercising suddenly

On another note I was prescribed ami and it seems to be hard work. I am totally wiped out and last night made the mistake of having 1 glass of wine; I now have a hangover from hell. My question is therefore do these side effects subside?
:shock: :shock:
smoky
UKFM Member

Postby normalnutter » Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:44 am

Hi :wave: Im on that over 2 years it seems my only prob is the metal tasting in mouth. The first time I took 10mg I woke in the morning and it felt like id been plugged in the electric [I could of kissed the docs feet] layed in bed for years with a bag on me head [if i had one that wasnt plastic] im on 50mg which seems to suit me, :wave:
normalnutter
UKFM Member

Postby crazynightowl » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:28 am

Good luck with it all.
Best wishes to you, :D
mads
crazynightowl
UKFM Member

Postby smoky » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:40 am

feel a little less 'zonked' this morning so heres hoping! :D