[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello - need help, been suffering for 10 years

Hello - need help, been suffering for 10 years

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello - need help, been suffering for 10 years

Postby Dragon_Girl » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:29 am

Hi there

I had 2 really bad car accidents 10 years ago and since then life has been unbearable. My neck and right side of back muscles and joints are injured and I am in pain all the time and exhausted. The nerves and muscles are either sore, have pins and needles or just burn. My shoulder cracks all the time. it gets so bad it affects my memory and concentration and speech.

I have relapses which are brought on by anything nowadays it seems like. I have had so much chiropractor therapy, physio, acupuncture, ultrasounds, MRIs, blood tests for thyroid etc...you name it, ive had it but I seem to return to square one. I had to leave my job because of it last June as it was affecting my performance and my employer just did not understand nor sympathise with my condition. it was fine whilst I was off. I have recently returned back to work and within 3 weeks am back on painkillers/Redbull/coffee all day and nothing but sleep when i get home and sleep all weekend.

My physio is convinced this is just an old whiplash injury that can be fixed but I was having physio for a year and I relapsed straight away with the new job. PLEASE HELP!! I dont know what to do anymore and I cant live like this anymore - I go in and out of phases of depression and it is so so hard to stay positive when you are in pain all the time and tired and always at either the Doctor, hopsital, chiropractor or physio. My other half just thinks I am being pathetic and not being positive about the things I have in my life.

I need to talk to people who understand. Any advice would be appreciated. Benefits from the Govt are rubbish and I could not live on those whilst I was undergoing treatment. I dont have a choice but to work but if I do I am like this and no employer so far is willing to put up with this.
HELP! :cry:
Dragon_Girl
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello - need help, been suffering for 10 years

Postby shazq » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi :welcome:
Have you been dx with fibro? and are you on any meds?

If you have not been dx with fibro yet then ask your GP to refer you to see a Rheumy, they will dx you and recommend what meds to take.

If you pain is stopping you from doing every day tasks then you could be entitled to DLA.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:00 pm

As Shaz says, ask for a rheumatology referral and take a list of symptoms (all of them) with you so you don't forget. Tell the rheumy that someone has suggested it could be fibro... that way it doesn't look like youhave trawled the internet and self diagnosed (they don't usually like people doing that as it makes them seem redundant and not the all knowing god they think they are :lol: )

A tip for anyone going for a rheumy visit.. taka list, take a list of questions, take someone with you so they can help you remember what to say and what is said and can tell the rheumy how you are affected from their point of view.

In the meantime, stick with us and we'll do all we can to help :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Dragon_Girl » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:08 pm

Hi

Thanks for the advice. My GP has just done my blood test so she can refer me to the rheumatologist . Will def take a list of my symptoms with me. Will update once i have been...thanks! :P
Dragon_Girl
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello