[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - so depressed"

so depressed"

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

so depressed"

Postby kphillips » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:20 pm

Dr.says i have polymyalga! symp. same as fibromyaglia.
Are there any main differences between the two Do You Know?
I am on steroids, pain killers, depression tablets, ext. and sometimes I still feel like ending it!.
This is the first time I have found out that other people talk about it!!!!! On the radio this morning.
Was in tears driving,,,,,,i'm not alone. :needhug:
kphillips
UKFM Member

Re: so depressed"

Postby gillshutt » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:41 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum :hugs: You are def not alone, were you tested for FM as well or did they just come up with polymyalgia because they couldn't find anything else? All polymyalgia means is you have a lot of pain and it isn't really much of a diagnosis.

Anyway, no worries, we'll look after you and help you through the bad times and hopefully help you have some good ones too. :hugs:

If I was you I would ask for some counselling. CBT is good for depression and people having trouble coming to terms with chronic pain. If you can't get help for a while then keep talking on here.. it helps to get your feelings out and get your head straight. You can pm me any time and I'll get back as soon as I can.

Gill x
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby AngelBear » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:32 pm

You are so not alone. We will all listen.

I do wonder as said already if you were tested for fibromyalgia.

Many people on this forum and probably all over the place took ages to get a diagnosis. I myself was lucky when I saw a different GP at my practice, who decided they had eliminated all my meds as causing my pain and to try something different!

Don't give up, keep asking for help. :hugs:
A smile lifts both you and others
Christine
AngelBear
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:16 pm

:welcome: to the forum.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby kphillips » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:04 pm

thanks for all your messages.
Having blood tests done on monday, will ask for the other test, to be taken, if they can, befor i see the Dr., during the week. Thanks.
Had a real bad day today, husband not able to get out of bed as his disablilty and depression are on high!.
Late breakfast and lunch near tea time, only now able to get on the computer and do the kitchen. Hurt all day and eye sight went later on this afternooon, when decided to do a bit of reading!, able to do some easter egg covers, with crochet. Only thing to keep me sane at the time.
Weard how, now all my symptoms DO GO together, one Doctor said ( you cannot have more than one problem pain at a time!).
i feel better knowing, iritable bowel, eye sight, neck pain, toe pain..........all together at one time........does GO TO Gether.
Even had a Doctor say, My stature was my problem, and came round behind me and straightened my back, tried to anyway, i walked out, i have also Schuemans desease, and my back is went!. Sorry will go for now as getting my words to make sence are getting me down.
thanks for listening. :needhug:
kphillips
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi & :welcome:

Thats what were here for, for support :hugs:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby kphillips » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:32 pm

Yesturday was my birthday, and my son and family took us out for a meal. Had a lovely time, then our friends gave me a suprise tea.
Was exhausted, but great day, today been in the bathroom allday, head ache, hardly see, and just want to sleep. Other half also enjoyed yesturday, but to much, suffers PTSD, and the resturant. only had about five other couples, so not to bad. In fact I was proud of him!.

But we did enjoy Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[*] :needhug:
kphillips
UKFM Member

Postby janlamp » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:04 am

Dear KPhilipps,

I believe FMS and polimyalgia rheumatica are similar in their symptoms but the latter responds to cortisone treatment and ABOVE ALL has a beginning and an end over about 3-4 years. It's not chronic like FMS. But get your doctor to give you a complete explanation of the diffs btwn the two and what you can expect.

I somehow don't think it's quite as bad as FMS.

hope not for your sake, warn regards,

Jan
janlamp
UKFM Newbie

Postby kphillips » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:44 pm

Have seen hospital consultant, yes! i have fibromyalgia. Not that it makes me feel much better knowing the name.
The pain is still very bad, but new tablets should help when i start them next week. waiting for the paperwork to get to my Dr.
Hoppe you are all well!!!!! :needhug:
kphillips
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello