[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Undiagnosed

Undiagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Undiagnosed

Postby Loopy » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:56 pm

Hi there

I don't know if I have this condition so I'm sorry if I'm barking up the wrong tree. I don't really what is wrong with me, neither do my doctors. I am fed up of countless trips to the GP which leave me feeling like a complete hyperchondriac so I am trying to find out what I can do to help myself.

My symptoms started with a constant feeling of light-headedness over 8 years ago which went away for a couple of years but has since come back. Have had all the balance tests done and head MRI which was all ok except for a possible neuroma/cluster of blood vessels on/around balance nerve.

Physio tells me my lower back is a little stiff which apparently is quite common, especially on waking and my right leg really aches at the moment (particularly so when it's that time of the month). It's a dull ache from my bum down the back of my thigh, today it's gone into the back of my knee making my leg quite stiff. Whenever I walk up a flight of stairs my legs burn like I've been walking miles. Have also had chest pain for about a month, thought to be pleurisy following a chest infection but it's still there.

Constant black floaters in my vision and flashing lights, usually blue in colour (not the police coming to take me away I hope!), tinnitus, concentration and short term memory is terrible. For quite a while I suffered from tension type headaches and fullness in my ears but this seems to have gone for the moment.

Sorry for the long list of symptoms but I wondered if anyone else could relate to this and could advise what to do next???? Oh I also get muscle twitching in my thigh, bum and sides.

:wave:
Loopy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Undiagnosed

Postby shazq » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:09 pm

Hi Loopy

Sorry to hear you have lots of symptoms.
It could be down to fibro, all of those symptoms do point to fibro.

You should go to your GP and say you have been talking to someone who mentioned that all you symptoms sound as if it could be fibro, that way you are not self DX yourself. (some docs can get funny if you say you have been looking it up on the net.)

Most GP`S will refer you to see a Rheumy, they are the ones who will normally DX you with fibro.
Your GP might even send you to see a neuro dr.

If you dont get any luck with your GP referring you then see another GP.

Good luck and any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:59 pm

Hi and welcome tot e forum, Shaz has given you the best advice so I'll just send you a :hugs: and hope you get some answers soon. In the meantime stick with us and we'll do all we can to help.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Loopy » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:07 pm

Will do, thanks for the advice :D
Loopy
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello