[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New diagnosed

New diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New diagnosed

Postby sue59 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:58 pm

Hi my name is Sue and I am 50 years old. Had serious health issues since turning 40 and several operations. Hae not worked for 3 years now and find my symptoms going worse. Take the ususal Tramadol, Amitryptaline, also on Prednisalone and fludracortisone as originally GP thought it was Polymyalgia. Trying now to reduce the steroids after seeing a rheumatologist. He also recommends some physio so waiting to hear about that. Just having a few bad days at the moment, with pain, chronic fatigue and twitching muscles. IBS has flared up and feeling a bit down and depressed.
Just been having a bit of a read about certain things and noticed 2 interesting topics on Magnesium and LDN and wondered if anyone has any opinions on these?
Hope I can make some friends who understand how I feel and can have a "good moan" with lol As I am a newbie any advice on Meds Self help Diet etc will be gratefully received :D
sue59
UKFM Newbie

Re: New diagnosed

Postby loubie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:42 am

hi sue :welcome:

good to have you with us :wave:
not good you have fibro though :(
i was only dx last year and on ammys,paracetamol,codeine,spasmonal for ibs
so can't help with the one's you asked about
but some one will answer your questions
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi :welcome: to the forum
Just wondered why are you taking Prednisalone ? is it for another condition as steroids is not used for fibro.
Any other questions ask away. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby sue59 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:50 pm

sue59
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:23 pm

Hi Sue
Sorry to hear you might have to stay on the pred, i have been on/off them for yrs so know how you feel about being on them.
The fatigue part is just as bad as the pain, we cant win can we. :roll:
Try to pace yourself throughout to recharge your battries.

We are here to help and support you. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello