[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Raine » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:02 pm

Hi, I have just found this site. I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 2 years ago by my GP. I am 45 and self-employed running a computer repair/sales shop along with my hubby, 2 sons 15 and 22, daughter 19, her partner 22 and my 3 month old grandson (available for cuddles as and when I need them.)

I am on Amitriptyline (30mg) upped last week from 20mg, 1000mg paracetamol every 4 hours, replaced with co-codimal (16mg codine 1000mg paracetamol) when required. I have started to struggle with walking recently, hence the recent upgrade of my meds. I feel like I am dragging my legs through treacle when I walk, and my thighs burn. A friend suggested using a walking stick, but I feel a bit of a fraud as I don't look ill. I find I can fall asleep well but I wake several times in the night leaving me feeling washed out and ache most of the time.

Sorry to ramble on but I have so much bottled up as most of the people around me don't really understand eventhough I have tried to give them as much info as I can, and I feel (eventhough my family say they understand) I am moaning again.

So enough! best foot forward and back to getting on with it. :)
Raine
UKFM Member

Re: Newbie

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:37 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:

You have come to the right place for help and support, we are a friendly bunch on here so just mix in.

I use a walking stick now, like you a felt a fraud as you look ok from the outside but it stops me from falling over in the street, i think i would feel more embarrassed :oops:

Any questions just ask.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Raine » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:13 pm

Thanks Shaz for the warm welcome, do think I will have to start using my stick as my balance is not all that good some days.
Raine
UKFM Member

Postby gillshutt » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:23 am

:wave: Hi and welcome. I use a stick for balance as well... I tend to veer off sideways if I don't.
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello