[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello everyone...new to the site & Forum - hope brings help

Hello everyone...new to the site & Forum - hope brings help

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello everyone...new to the site & Forum - hope brings help

Postby jasmin » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:44 pm

:wave:

Hello everybody..i am new toay to this site and Forum and hope to get to know a goof few friends who understand what am going though as im sure you all are too...

I am a single mum to 2 children 21 & 15...having a history of different problems dating back over 28years, was finally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in Jan 2009!! although all my compilation of illnesses now have a name,, we still struggle on trying to prove to everyone else and the medical assessment drs that we are not simply 'TIRED'!!! Grrrrr.... :nono:

I am not having a great time of late...a ton of worries and stress/depression taking its toll i guess..Benefits stopped ,ESA medical - failed but am now appealing through WRights ..the whole ATOS thing is a disgrace!:needhug:

Nobody seems to understand Fibromyalgia at all.???

so signed up for help and advice to keep going with friends and fellow sufferes

:grouphug: Jasmin X:dunno:

jasmin
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello everyone...new to the site & Forum - hope brings help

Postby shazq » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:09 pm

:welcome: jasmin
Sorry you are having a rough time.
You have come to the right place for help and support and we are a friendly bunch too.

Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:24 am

Hi Jasmin and welcome to the forum ((xx)) :wave:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:36 am

Hi :welcome: Jasmin, sorry you are having a bad time, what is it they say, things can only get better, you have come to the right place. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Mr.A » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:59 am

Hi there :hugs:

What's an "ATOS thing"? :dunno:
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby jasmin » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:14 pm

Thanks for the welcome messages :D

Mr A, the ATOS are a private run medical team of Medical assemssment dr and nurses whom carry out these medicals for the DWP and then give them a report on us when they have saw us...Basically they are a disgrace! and an investigation is currently being done into the way in which they are carrying out these medicals for people with our condition...as they are doing these reports and adding statements themselves, lying about was is actually being said at the medical and flawing the whole reports with insinuating comments! .... they look at people with Fibromyalgia as frauds! and just lazy tired people who complain about a simple migraine or back pain etc!!! ANNOYING ISNT IT!!! :nono:

I have wrote a complaints letter as my report was an utter disgrace! and she said i was capable of work after 20 mins! although i have medical history dating back over 25Years! and under 3 conultants for rheumy, neuro and gyny!! ooo they all must be lying then!!!!!...its pathetic how her evaluation can stop my benefit instantly and cause me so much stress and worry whilst having to now appeal with the help from the WRights, whom are inundated with complaints about the ATOS and the way in which they operate!

jasmin X
jasmin
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello