[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hi

hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi

Postby Elisa » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:23 pm

Am a bit shy about being here but just trying to get my head round my recent diagnosis. Have had problems for over thirty years and last friday the jigsaw of illnesses and pain came together and I was told I had fibromyalgia. I'm now waiting for my hospital notes to get to my GP so I can go and " have a chat" - but haven't a clue what to expect or what to ask for, if anything.
My diagnosis came about because I now can't walk - but I do a mean shuffle ! hope it's ok to be here, and hope I can get to know others like me so I can make sense of what's happening. :wave:
Elisa
UKFM Newbie

Re: hi

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:47 pm

:welcome: Elsia
Sorry to hear you have fibro. :hugs:
It is a lot to take in, have a read around the forum that should help to find out what is what.

We are a friendly forum and help and support each other.
Dont be shy, just mix in and any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:48 pm

:welcome: to the forum elsia, you have come to the right place,sorry to hear you have FM. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby B0B » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:47 am

:welcome: Sorry to hear you have fibro, but this is a great place for info. good luck
Of all the things I lost in life, I miss my youth the most.
B0B
UKFM Member

Postby BoveySusie » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:40 am

Hi Elisa and welcome to the forum - it IS a bit daunting at first I agree - but you soon come to realise that we're all in the same boat so just post away!!

I was diagnosed last summer and my GP sent me on a fibromyalgia management course run by the physios at the local hospital - it was spread over 6 months and although it doesn't cure anything, it helps you to be more positive about it - I started off feeling so angry, why me etc but gradually you accept that you just have to get on with it and try to get the best out of life within your limitations. So maybe this is something you could ask your GP about. There are pain management courses in some areas as well - and hopefully you have a good support network around you because that really helps as well.

The forum has really helped as well because sometimes you get something different happen and wonder what it is, it's reassuring when someone else has the same experience! You realise you're not actually going mad (tho' my family would disagree with that :!: )

Take care & good luck with the GP - Sue
xx
BoveySusie
UKFM Member

Re: many thanks

Postby Elisa » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:44 pm

hi everyone, thank you for making me so welcome. Must admit the first reaction to diagnosis was a rush of relief ! - is that normal??? ( mind you, would be the first time I've been called " normal" in ages !

Thanks for the info too regarding pain management, I'm going to see if that is available cos anything that makes me less tetchy will be good .... I think the family might agree too.

Something else I would be grateful for any info on is - does anyone else get really woolly thinking, mainly forgetting words a lot or drifting off mid conversation. I'm sure I never use to be this way, but for the past few months it's been noticeable. I guess I just want reassurance that I'm not losing my marbles. I apologise if it seems I'm asking questions all the time, but I can't access doctors for a couple of weeks til notes etc arrive but I've got questions coming out of my ears and no one to listen to them ! ! ........... not too sure that made sense , but you get the drift??

Hope everyone is having an ok day today. oh, and thanks for the hugs too, I sure needed them today :wave:
Elisa
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:54 pm

You are not losing your marbles Elisa, we call it brain fog.
I know how you feel about forgetting your words, loss of concentration this is a known fibro symptom.

I am always forgetting things, writing things down can help.
I get my letters around the wrong way as well, i look at the word and know it is not right but cant figure what is wrong. (if that makes sense. lol.)

We are here to help and support each other so dont worry about asking questions, someone will always answer you. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:56 pm

hi :wave:
:welcome:
we all felt the same as you at first
and we all felt as if we were going :crazy:
you will have lots of things to ask,so just ask away that's why we are here
we help each other
:welcome: again
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby fender1985 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:30 pm

welcome! Sorry to hear you have fm. Even tho im sure its a relief to have a name for whats happening to you. I know it was a big relief for me. I hope talking to people in the same boat will help:)
fender1985
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello