[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello from a newbie!

Hello from a newbie!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from a newbie!

Postby Charlee » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:57 pm

Hi, im Charlee, i am finally joining a FM support forum after suffering for years, i was only told a few months ago that i had FM despite it being logged on my medical records for 5 years! :x
I only found out about it after changing GP's and having a tearfull interview wit one of them during a bad flare up.
However said GP said it was a non diagnosis and only given when nothing else could be found. :( So although i have ti on file that i am suffering i have had no treatment or any help with it, i am planning to go and see a different GP asap to get this remedied as im really getting down now.
I can't work either so really need to find out about DLA, and also get some support againt my local council who have out myslef and my family in an upstairs flat that some days i can't get out of becuase as you all know FM and a huge set of concreate stairs dont go well together!
Im hoping to meet some friends here who know what im going through, i don't know anyone else with FM, im not sure what to say to my GP to make them understand, i usually end up crying and then they say im depressed and put me on medication for that, im not depressed for any other reason than im 23 years old and i have the body and strength of my 90 year old Grandma!
Charlee
UKFM Member

Re: Hello from a newbie!

Postby shazq » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:04 pm

Hi :welcome: to the forum. :wave:
Getting your GP on your side is a big help, have a look around the site to get your head around it.
Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:41 pm

Hi :welcome: to thr forum charlee :wave:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:23 pm

:wave: Hi and welcome to the forum :D
gillshutt
UKFM Regular