[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hey there

Hey there

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hey there

Postby Emma30 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:35 pm

My name is Emma and I believe I have fibro.

I went to see my GP recently when I hit a really bad low. I’d been in pain for a while and the tiredness was unbearable. I informed my doctor that my grandmother had fibro and I felt I had the same symptoms, my GP sent me for blood tests to see if anything else showed up. The blood tests all came back clear however I am overweight and my doctor told me although she feels I probably do have fibro, she is unwilling to refer me or give me a diagnosis until I shift my excess weight and wanted to send me on my way with slimming pills and anti-depressants. I made a sharp exit.

I am 30 but feel so much older, my body hurts constantly and I am so so exhausted. I walk my dog about a mile every morning and it’s a constant struggle, a real chore and I have to push myself all the time. By the time I get home I just want to close the world out and hibernate.
I’m miserable and should have taken those antidepressants but really don’t see how that is going to solve the problems that are contributing to the depression.

I too have had to quit my job as it was just too much for me to try and continue and my memory has reached an appalling state.
I’m battling with my weight; I’m pushing myself to exercise and trying to eat right. I don’t know what else I can do...
Emma30
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hey there

Postby shazq » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:08 pm

Hi
Do you have another GP in your surgery you could see?
If not i would change doctors, referring you to a Rheumy for DX has nothing to do with your weight.

If you are in lots of pain you dont always feel able to do exercises so getting the right meds is more important, you can work on the exercises once you have your pain/fatigue under control.

Hope you get some answers soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello