[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi....

Hi....

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi....

Postby Luvvy50 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:56 pm

Like Newbie from Scotland I also joined the forum ages ago, once I had my diagnosis confirmed- last March but not yet said hello. I have been very fortunate in that I was accepted onto a Coping Skills course run by the Royal National Hospital for Rheumatic Diseases in Bath which has made a huge difference to my attitude to FM and in my acceptance of the condition. Like many others, I too have probably had it for many years and my mother's rheumatism was more than likely to have been Fm also. I am just relieved to know that I am not alone / suffering from a far more serious illness / suffering from dementia (my biggest worry!!) and now know that I have to manage this rather than try to fight it. The only trouble I struggle with (apart from the fatigue and pain control) is pacing myself - I just cannot seem to get it right! I am really lucky in that my OH and offspring are aware and are very understanding so I consider myself very lucky!
Anyway - pleased to meet you all! :grouphug:
Luvvy50
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi....

Postby fender1985 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:38 pm

i too had a couple of weeks in bath hospital for rheumatic diseases. 2weeks was not long enough to get a grip on my health. The hydro took about 2weeks to adjust too then i had to leave. Plus i felt like the physio ran the place and didnt take fm seriously. My dr is lovely and changed my physio and she is much better. I cannot find the right balance in rest and activity. Sometime's light activity makes me feel much better and other time's it does me in. I definatly feel better overall keeping lightly active. I'm not sure they're is a right balance. When fm wants you too hurt, your going too whether you have been sensible or not. Maybe there are just too many factors to ever find the right balance. I find stretching alot and rubbing moisturising cream into my muscles daily help with pain and stiffness and the dry skin from scolding myself in the shower and bath. Althoughi it's taking it's toll on my hand's and fingers. Eating loads of fruit and veg is always good and avoid junk. Aww its a sad world! I love junk:( indian tonight:) so i'm failing my regime for now. Its hard to stay boring and bored all the time but i do find the boring life is a less painful one. Anyway i hope ur well and if you find the balance let me know:)
fender1985
UKFM Member

Postby Luvvy50 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:29 pm

Thanks Fender 1985. I wish... if I could find the right balance / manage to pace myself etc I would be ecstatic!!!! Like you I too have had better days when I have only done only 'light' activities and them gone on to feel as if I have been reversed over - it feels like my life is no longer my own and I am at the mercy of FM. My dgtr has had a close friend from the States over for just over 2 weeks and if it wasn't for my OH being on leave I don't know how I would have ended up - he's going back tomorrow so I am intending to change my routine and listen to my body in order that I may have a 'flare free' Easter! I too eat very healthily but the last 2 weeks we have eaten more than usual and not as much good stuff so it will be interesting to see if I improve once I start again ! I am late for bed tonight and will no doubt pay for it tomorrow so ditto, if you find a way to pace - let me know! Hope you are feeling that you can cope at the moment and sorry that your experience at the RNHRD was not a good one - take care. :hugs:
Luvvy50
UKFM Newbie

Postby gillshutt » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:30 am

Hi and welcome :wave:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:40 am

:welcome: back. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello