[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - so excited

so excited

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

so excited

Postby chippyboz » Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:33 pm

:woot: :D this is great never done any thing like this before the only person I talk to is my lovely wife sharon who is a nurse so that helps well junior doc infact ,but other pepole with the same conditions is great .but I do miss working for myself and I am finding my eyesight or lack of it !!a real nuisance talking books n stuff arn,t the same any tips ??? Have a great easter to one and all x
chippyboz
UKFM Newbie

Re: so excited

Postby budda » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:50 pm

:wave: Hi chippy, glad to hear you are feeling better, my father inlaw was blind and we went to a factory, it sold watches that you could feel the time, i also got a safety kettle for myself, it was great the things they had,even for us who cant see very well :roll: i come from glasgow so i dont now were there is a factory near you, but you could find out, hope this helps you.
Have a great easter everyone. :easteregg: :easteregg:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:10 pm

Hi Chippy
Not sure how often you have your eyes tested but its best to get them checked yearly as fibro can effects our eyes.
Your optician should be able to give you some tips.
Good luck.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby gillshutt » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:43 am

Hi and welcome, don't thik I've said hi before but may have :roll: Not sure how bad your eyesight is but you can get large print books... or how about learning braille which would give you another interest and something to work towards. I'm sure there must be somewhere you could do a course locally... maybe evening classes or something.

Failing that get someone to read to you, although I would imagine your wife is a little too busy :hugs:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello