[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Newly Diagnosed and wanted to say hello

Newly Diagnosed and wanted to say hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Newly Diagnosed and wanted to say hello

Postby bubbaboo » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:44 am

Hi my name is Deb's I'm 42 years young and live in Wilts with my hubby Marcus and 14yr daughter, After 18 months of going backwards and forwards to the Dr's I finally was diagnosed with FM on Tues 6th April, Like alot of people I have had an uphill battle trying to get the doctor's to believe that my body wasn't feeling right even though all the tests that were done all came back clear. I have had tubes down my throat, MRI scans, x-rays and so many blood tests that at times i felt like a pin cushion!!! It took me completely breaking down in front of my doctor and sobbing my heart out for them to refer me to a Rheumatologist(sorry if spelt wrong!!!) he was fantastic, and was the 1st person in a long while that i felt actually listened to what i was saying, that is how I found this wonderful site and after reading about the symptoms and experiences others are having/going through it all fell into place....that is exactly how I feel!!!! Like everyone I have good days and bad days, I experience alot of chest pain with my FM which in itself is scary and Hubby has called 999 on several occassions......I feel a little happier to know that after 18 months of pain, It's not all "in my head" and I'm "just over anxious" as I was told but one unfeeling doctor.....so enough of my rambling I just wanted to say hello to everybody and I would find it really helpful if anyone experiences similar problems to mine and would willing to share with me? :wave:
bubbaboo
UKFM Newbie

Re: Newly Diagnosed and wanted to say hello

Postby budda » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:05 pm

:welcome: bubbaboo to the forum, its great when you now you are not crazy, :crazy i thought i was for many years, then Doc in hospital told me i had FM,at last they gave me a name for what i had, I also suffer chest legs back arms feet and very bad headaches, had all the scans x rays,But today i feel good, I like to think of the people on the forum as my other family, when am down they understand, but i like when they share the funner things in life to. :wave:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Mr.A » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:08 pm

Welcome, you'll notice sooner or later that many of us have similar stories. FM is a rather stigmatised illness, some doctors were trained decades ago and were either taught (erroneously) that it was just a psychological illness or weren't taught about it at all. In other cases, some doctors just don't want difficult patients.

Progress is being made though (slowly).
Mr.A
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:47 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby bubbaboo » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:35 pm

Thanks I'm still finding my way round the site but it's nice to know at last I don't feel alone :D
bubbaboo
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:13 pm

Hi :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby LibbyRose » Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi, I am new too, only diagnosed yesterday. Been seeing a rheumy for over a year as have RA too, and also looking at overlap of lupus. Had no idea I had FM though, thought the pain was RA related until the rheumy told me I shouldnt be getting this amount of pain from the RA alone, so here we are!! This seems a really friendly site, so looking forward to meeting everyone!! :blowkiss:
LibbyRose
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:20 am

:welcome: to the forum LibbyRose :wave:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby lindydalton » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:07 am

Hi
Im new to the site, similar story too. Im 50 in June and for the past few years put it all down to work changes, life changes, getting older, moving house. Not being listened to was the biggest problem. I even had to change my car, (which I need everyday for work) to an automatic. Although my GP wasnt too concerned, I have been under the Chronic Pain Clinic in mya rea, and have seen a lot of good people, but there is one special Nurse, who was so kind, she sent me to the Rheumatologist, at first she thought Lupus, but now I know its FM. I am doing all the right things, and have been on Vit D, C and magnesioum for a while now. It would be great to chat to others, as I want to start 'living and managing with it' if that makes sense!!!
Lindy
lindydalton
UKFM Newbie

Postby lindydalton » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:10 am

Hi !!
Yes _ its great to find a friendly site, I have had to tell my manager at work, as it has been affecting my energy levels especially the fatigue, thats where I really struggle - at the moment I work 35 hours a week, Id like to know how others find their week? Sometimes I feel I have to give into it and just close my eyes !!
LINDY
lindydalton
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:56 pm

:welcome: to the forum
Any questions just ask. :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby bubbaboo » Thu May 13, 2010 2:15 pm

Sorry haven't been on here for a while, think things just got on top of me...alot to take in and i have been really down recently I've been hit hard with being soooo tired and I'm very frustrated I can't do simple things anymore without wanting to sleep for a week afterwards!!! I have been put on Gabapentin since last Fri(7/05/10) and so far i've not noticed a difference..My chest pains are as bad as always and I have hit my brick wall....i don't want to feel like this anymore.....I actually don't like me!!!
On a positive note I am going for my first Hydrothearpy session tonight in Swindon so I will let you all know how i get on.
Big Hugs to you all and I'm sorry for my little rant xxx
bubbaboo
UKFM Newbie

Postby lethargic » Fri May 14, 2010 5:54 pm

:welcome: and rant away - thats what we are all here for :grouphug: I too have dreadful chest pain. Went through awful operation on my stomach last year - consultant insisted it would help - sadly as bad as ever. I found a post on here about costochrondritis (spelling???) and was amased at how many people have this as a fibro sufferer and it is me to a t. So have a look, I am sure you will find it interesting. I had three ECG's as thought I was having heart attack. :hugs:
lethargic
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello