[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello - Newby

Hello - Newby

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello - Newby

Postby Mayham » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:05 pm

Just a hello,

Think I posted on the wrong message board earlier.

I have been primarily diagnosed by my Rheumatologist as having Fibromyalgia but my Aunt suffers from this also and we differ in a main point.

She does not think I have Fibro as I do not suffer from pain on touch. I have all the other symptoms but not this one which my aunt says is the most classic symptom and proves you have Fibro.

Anyways, im a bit confused and wonder if anyone else has all the other classics but not this one?

My rheumy has put me on a mild anti depressant to help with my aches and pains and fingers crossed, so far i am okay with it.

Thanks everyone,

May
Mayham
UKFM Member

Re: Hello - Newby

Postby shazq » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:52 pm

:welcome: to the forum May. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:19 pm

Hi May :wave: welcome to the forum
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby gillshutt » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:50 am

Hi and welcome. W e are all different and suffer differing degrees of symptoms. Just because you don't have this one doesn't mean you don't have FM. I do get this but not all the time thank goodness, in fact it's been quite a while since I had it although it used to happen a lot a year or so ago. If we all had all of th esymptoms all of the time we'd be a right mess :shock:
gillshutt
UKFM Regular

Postby Mayham » Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:09 pm

Hello to everyone who replied and thanks for the great welcome.

Looking forward to reading more of the posts and finding out more information on Fibro,

May :D
Mayham
UKFM Member

Postby mina666 » Sun May 16, 2010 4:57 pm

:D i am glad to see some people from scotland on this site,actually there does not seem to be many :welcome: i myself only registered a few weeks ago but am so glad i have,so many of my questions regarding this terrible curse has opened my eyes to many of my ailments.I truly hope that you will also find answers on this site.regards mina666 :wave: : :blowkiss:
hi,my name is mina i have lived with FM for 8yrs.i have just moved from manchester to ayrshire,i recently spoke to a lady who also has FM,she told me about this web site which i joined today and look forward to chatting to other sufferers.
mina666
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello