[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hii

hii

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hii

Postby angeladurkin » Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:50 pm

hello my names angie and ive only jusy been diagnosed with fm ,i have to say i was diagnosed very quickly compared to some people on this site.maybe thats a sighn that things are changing in the medical world ? i just wondered if anyone takes any vitamins or herbal tablets as i feel so run down and ive put on so much weight am full of cold sores and in constant pain mostly in my legs, my docs put me on 8 co-codomal 2x50mg tramadol and 1x 10mg amitriptyline is there any other meds i should be on as these have no affect but did help me sleep in the first few weeks of starting them i would be really gratfull for some help and advise because i cant bear the thought of this pain and fatigue lasting much longer
angeladurkin
UKFM Newbie

Re: hii

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:59 am

:welcome: to the forum.
You should go back to see your GP as they will be able to give you stronger meds for your pain.

There are lots of different meds to help but what works for one might not work for another.
Ami is a med that is given for fibro, your GP can up that to help with the pain. I take 75mg to help with the pain, it also helps to relax muscles.

You should always check with your GP or chemist about using herbal meds as they might not be suitable if you are on other meds.

Any questions just ask.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello