[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello...

Hello...

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello...

Postby Kalynajane » Mon May 10, 2010 10:51 am

My name is Kalyna (pronounced Caleena) and I am a 36 years old, I wasn't sure whether I was going to introduce myself as I have been reading the introduction messages and one thing seems to stand out more than any other and that is - you all seem to have Fibromyalgia and other illnesses, I only have FM... as far as I'm aware and am now quite frightened that other illness/es may be lurking somewhere! :cry: ... I decided to tough it out and say hi anyway.
I have had FM since I was 13yrs old but like another post I read on here I was told for a long time that I had growing pains and basically to stop bothering people as I'd grow out of it! I was sent to physio eventually (I have a very tough mum, thankfully lol) and they taped my knees, it was incredibly painful and after a few days mum and I took the tape off as it was just making me worse. It wasn't until about 2yrs ago that I was actually diagnosed with FM, I had been told by my old doctor (without any x-rays, blood tests or physical examination) that I had rhumatism(?) and sad though it sounds I was over-joyed!
Finally I had a diagnosis, a named illness and now after all these years of pain and feeling like a fraud I (and my mum) had been vindicated, now treatment would be given, medication would ease me, advice would calm me and I could finally tell my doubters and people around me what was wrong instead of staring at my feet in shame, mumbling that my doctor didn't know or that it "was like arthritus but it wasn't actually arthritus.." Then the bubble burst, my doc told me all I was getting was normal Co-codamol and no I wasn't getting anything else, don't let the door hit me on the way out :(
My work occupational health advisor was not so thrilled and so I went back but saw a diferent doctor, a young lady and she (after some tests etc) told me I had FM.
My biggest joy is my baby (Lab/Collie cross) called Bracken, no kids, I make basic cards to keep my hands working, play video games, read SF novels, and love Bones! ... Sorry I waffled on, talk to you soon hopefully. Kalyna :wave: :crazy:
Kalynajane
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello...

Postby carolnotts » Mon May 10, 2010 10:50 pm

Hi Kalyna and welcome to the forum, i to make cards and i love Bones aswell. Please don't be frightened there are lots of lovely helpful people on here who will give you all the advice you need
:hugs: x
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Postby Kalynajane » Mon May 10, 2010 11:00 pm

Thank you :D
Kalynajane
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Mon May 10, 2010 11:15 pm

Hi Kalyna not everyone has other illnesses to go with their FM and it's bad enough to cope with anyway, most of us have gone through the disbelief from other people and so can empathise completely with you. Please stay with us and hopefully you can get some extra support :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue May 11, 2010 11:48 am

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lethargic » Tue May 11, 2010 9:37 pm

:welcome: I, and many others here, know exactly how you feel. I have often wished I could just hand over my body to a friend or relative for just one week because, even now having a name to this illness, I don't think anyone understands what its like. This is such a friendly site; for me I enjoy the "positive and fun" site as it really does give me a lift and I hope you too find it helpful. :grouphug:
lethargic
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Thu May 13, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi everybody :wave sorry i haven t been on for a while, wee gran of 93yrs has had a stroke, we are hoping she gets home on monday, so i hope things start getting back to normal, what ever that means :crazy: , missed you all, hope you are all keeping well. :blowkiss:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby lethargic » Fri May 14, 2010 5:57 pm

Sorry to hear about your gran I hope all is well. :grouphug:
lethargic
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello