[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello and Help!

Hello and Help!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello and Help!

Postby juliette » Tue May 18, 2010 10:55 am

Hello to everyone!

I am 27 and currently in the process of being diagnosed with either ME/CFS or Fibro, depends on what my Doctor feels like that day I think although I feel more connected to the Fibro.

So far I have had bloods, bloods and more bloods taken which have all come back negative along with a chest x-ray.

A brief overview of me (well I will try and be brief!), I have always struggled with depression and along with that came tiredness and a tendancy to pick up every illness going.

Last year I decded to deal with it once and for all, lots of counselling and felt quite positive. Was going to approach my life head on.

Took antidepressants after the birth of my 3rd baby in Nov '09 (I also have a 3 & 2 year old) and started to really plan for the future.

Cut to now and I have bouts of exhaustion which are like nothing I have ever experienced before, it is like hitting a wall. They are not caused by the kids, they are very good, even driving a short distance makes me want to pull over and sleep.

Then there is the pain, crampy tense aching pain in my legs all the time, aching in my arms, tender points on my back, random pins and needles, muscle spasms which cause me to send things flying (kettle of hot water last week), jaw aches when I eat and the utter confusion and forgetfullness that makes me want to give myself a good slap to get my head on right!

It all crept up on me in the past few months and I was putting it down to kids/knackered body from pregnancy so I joined a gym but managed to go twice. Had to give up as after going I would be laid up for days. Thought I would try Pilates, the same happened.

I have good days, but my goodness don't I pay for them after! Thepain never really goes though.

My Doctor said that 'I could either go away and accept this is me and live with it' or he could try and 'label' me. He said this on two seperate occassions and also said that as the symptoms (such as muscle jerks) weren't constant and I passed the balance tests that it was nothing serious and that it was something that they as doctor's don't understand like ME/Fibro.

He started saying Fibro when I went about the pain, and then CFS when I mentioned the awful tiredness.

Also I showed him a copy of our family tree as we have a lot of thyroid probs and my mum has a motor neurone illness called myasthenia gravis. He said he wasn't interested.

I have asked him to 'label' me so that I can try and find ways to help myself, he doesn't seem tounderstand how I feel. I walked to pre-school this morning, about 200 yards away, came home and cried with the pain - that is no life for me or my children and I am at my wits end. Also I am due to return to work soon and wondering how that is going to affect things.

I am due to see my Doc again next week as he wants my husband there when he 'labels' me, but I am not happy with him diagnosing when he doesn't take it seriously.

I can't just accept this is me andlive with it, I need help!

Any ideas?

Sorry so long, you are lucky you got any sense out of me, obviously having a lucid moment!

xxx
juliette
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello and Help!

Postby shazq » Tue May 18, 2010 2:44 pm

:welcome: to the forum.

Sorry to hear you have no answers yet.
Have you another GP in your surgery who will listen to you and able to dig further to get the answers you need.?

Most GP`s refer you to a Rheumy to get a DX after everything else has come back normal.

It must be very hard having to look after your 3 young children while you are feeling like this.
I hope you get some answers soon.
Have a look around the forum to gather more info just so you know what to expect if you are DX with fibro.

Good luck with your GP.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Re: Hello and Help!

Postby denys » Tue May 18, 2010 4:20 pm

Hi Juliette

Oh dear, my heart goes out to you :hugs: A sympathetic GP makes all the difference and if you could find one I'm sure you'd feel better.
I hope your appointment next week goes better as he may be a little less abrasive if your husband is there with you !!
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello