[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hey from Bonnie Scotland!

Hey from Bonnie Scotland!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hey from Bonnie Scotland!

Postby weenixon » Tue May 18, 2010 9:48 pm

Hey, bit of a newbie here- joined a while ago and never got around to intoducing myself. I'm newly diagnosed, having been misdiagnosed in my teens with 'teenagerness'(i kid you not) and following a horrible episode of reactive arthritis a year and a half ago- one look from a rheumatologist who was surprised that I was sore in FM points such as the sternum and lower back and I was rediagnosed. It was a great relief and,even though Im a nurse, I was embarassed at myself for going along with the thought that I was sore and just expected everyone else to feel like that too! :oops: felt like a bit of a dope.
Since my diagnosis, I have had a lot of trouble at work with my sickness- I was still getting to grips with all my new meds and I guess I was a bit floored that I actually had an illness when Im actually so used to being the strong one and saying that im fine, when i actually wasnt. Im also actually pretty rubbish at drugs- horribly sensitive to about everything!
So after my moaning session (i dont actually like talking about my FM) hi to all!
Nix
weenixon
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hey from Bonnie Scotland!

Postby denys » Tue May 18, 2010 10:47 pm

Hi Nix welcome to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Wed May 19, 2010 7:57 am

:welcome: to the forum Nix, glad that you decided to post.
Being sensitive to meds is very common with fibro sufferers, there are a lot of meds around so dont give up trying to find one that suits you, there are anti sickness pills you can take if its causing you to be sick, I am sure you know this being a nurse.

You have come to the right place for help and support and to make friends. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby carolnotts » Thu May 20, 2010 8:47 pm

Hi Nix and :welcome: to the forum, i'm from Scotland originally but have been here in Notts for 8yrs now x
carolnotts
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello