[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - new with weird symptom

new with weird symptom

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new with weird symptom

Postby lynn22 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:13 pm

Firstly Hello to all.
I have finally found a dr who knows what he is talking about. After a couple of years in hell and all tests coming back neg, and constantly being told that there is nothing wrong with me I finally struck gold by pure incident when i went to this dr, who is a rhume specilist, he did all the usual tests and said that i have fibro. He 100% believes it is a real condition (not like alot of others!!).
I have had all the usual symptoms pains pins and needles, cold hands, feet, constant flu like feeling, tiredness (the drop where you stand sort), ear pain and tinitus, swelling feeling, gastric problems, you name it at some point i have it.
My main concern is the dizzines this occurs when I bend my neck alot and can come on in a flash, (its a near faint feeling) it starts when i feel a strange sensasion in the back of my neck then it feels like I have pins and needles in the back of my skull then the dizziness it only lasts about a minute but leaves me feeling very shakey, tired and scared, has anyone else had this. I am a phlebotomist and can be quite worrying when I have a needle in someons arm!! am going to change my job because of this condition and the stress it causes but at the moment I am stuck.
Am trying not to let things get me down but am half the person I used to be, and now feel I also have to content with all the non-belivers out there to.
Lynn
lynn22
UKFM Member

Re: new with weird symptom

Postby lynn22 » Tue May 25, 2010 4:42 pm

Sorry forgot to add that i also get an infection sort of taste in the back of my throat when i am feeling paticually bad.
lynn22
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue May 25, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi Lynn and :welcome: to the forum :wave: yes to the dizziness I get this frequently and while it lasts I get a sort of ringing in my ears and to the horrible taste at the back of my throat. it must be awful trying to control it whilst doing your job :yikes: :yikes: anyway have a look around and any questions just ask, someone will be able to answer them for you :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Denise54 » Wed May 26, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi Lynne

i get those same symptoms too so you are not alone! Im a nurse but been on long term sick and now retiring Your job could bring it on more frequently with the leaning over so your employer should find you another job that doesnt involve bending over They couldnt offer me a comparable job [ i was a nurse on nights looking after the elderly] so im now looking forward to retiring from Sept ! and bye bye NHS after 40 years..a lot of my symptoms i put down to the job i was doing!

take care

love Denise xx
Denise54
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri May 28, 2010 3:25 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lynn22 » Fri May 28, 2010 7:11 pm

Hi, and thank you for your lovely replies, its good to feel your not so alone. I am going to see occ health at work and enquire about a more sedate job!!, because at the end of the week with this one I am nearly on my knees, the dizziness and pain in the back of the neck are causing so much distress and the work there seems to be getting more busy, and just about managing now.
This is a truly awful condition and if someone a few years ago told me that i would end up like this I would have said 'no not me, never' but I suppose that hows we all feel.
Keep up the good work on this forum.
lynn22
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri May 28, 2010 7:51 pm

Fibro is a horrid illness, i was the same, would never dream i would be like this also.
There are many who have to give up work. I loved my job but could not do it any more, i would go back tomorrow if i could, i really miss it.
Dont beat yourself up about work. :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello