[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hello everybody

hello everybody

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hello everybody

Postby patches » Fri May 28, 2010 8:41 pm

Hi Peeps,

I started feeling like this some years back and it just got worse. I thought I was falling to bits. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and was told it usually hits 80 women out of 100. I am one of the 20 men.

The hospital discharged me saying here is a leaflet and learn to live with it, because we can do nothing to help.

Upon finding this forum, I am so very surprised to see so many other fellow sufferers. When I try to explain to many people what it's like, I often get a strange look and often told....you look alright to me. Wow.....if they only knew what was felt inside.

That's enough about me as I bet many have it worse.

I wish everybody well....... :)
patches
UKFM Member

Re: hello everybody

Postby denys » Sat May 29, 2010 1:07 pm

Hi Patches and :welcome: :wave: look around the forum and you'll find other men registered here, there's loads of info and if you have any questions just ask :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Sat May 29, 2010 3:42 pm

:welcome: to the forum.
I was told the same thing, read the leaflet and get your head around it, lucky for me i knew about it as my partner was DX with it 4 yrs earlier, he knew about it as his dad also has it.

I was DX 2 yrs ago and still getting new symptoms.
We just take it day by day.

Fibro has so many symptoms but i am sure you already know that bit, have a look around the forum, we have a mix of male/females on here so i am sure you will make friends.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby patches » Sat May 29, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi Denys and Shazq

Thank you both for your warm welcomes.

It's good that a forum like this exists to correspond with other sufferers. I often used to think I was weird, as the hospital gave me every test going and found nothing. I felt like a fraud and it seemed that nobody understood me.

Sooooooo THANKS..... :D
patches
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 29, 2010 8:01 pm

Hello and :welcome: You'll find you're in good company here. I think most of us have been made to feel the same over time with how we're treated and regarded. Hope you find some confort and suppoer, plus a lot of maddness on here :crazy: :crazy:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby patches » Sat May 29, 2010 9:41 pm

hey Fluffypuppy, and thanks for the welcome.

You mean there is maddness here too? Wow....it's home from home for me then :lol: :clap:
patches
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Sun May 30, 2010 2:57 am

:welcome: to the forum patches :wave:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby patches » Sun May 30, 2010 9:26 pm

Hi Budda

thanks and pleased to meet you
patches
UKFM Member

Postby helen virgo » Mon May 31, 2010 3:53 pm

Hello Patches and :welcome: to the forum. Hope you will find it a friendly place to be in, I look forward to reading your posts :hugs:
Helen x

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Postby patches » Mon May 31, 2010 11:24 pm

Hi Helen,

Thanks for the welcome, and yes I have already found this to be a very friendly place :D
patches
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:08 am

hi patches :wave: :wave:

:welcome: :welcome: to the loony bin :lol: :lol:
you will not feel so alone now you have found this forum
think i would have gone completely mad if not for this place :yikes:

loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby patches » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:12 pm

Hi Loubie and thanks for the welcomes.

I see the lunatics have taken over the asylum, so I will feel right at home here :D :clap:
patches
UKFM Member

Postby Nicliz » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:16 am

Hi and welcome :)
Another ditch in the road, you keep moving!
Another stop sign, just keep moving on!
Nicliz
UKFM Member

Postby patches » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:22 pm

Hi Nicliz,

Thanks and pleased to meet you
patches
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello