[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - saying hi as new to the forum

saying hi as new to the forum

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

saying hi as new to the forum

Postby jeanz » Sat May 29, 2010 3:43 pm

Hi, I am 38yrs old and have menieres disease, hypermobility syndrome or as it can also be called Ehlers Danlos type3. I am in continual pain and so on medication. I saw my gp and queried the muscle twitches, jumping and pain and she just remarked as if i should have known that "ah yes that will be the fibromyalgia" I am presuming its all part and parcel of my EDS/HMS. Has anyone else got HMS/EDS or menieres? It seems every illness/complaint i get now is down to the HMS/EDS, from the IBS i suffer from to the sinusitis and muscle numbness and pins n needles and ice cold hands and feet etc etc.I used to work part time and look after my mum when i finished work. I was made redundant last march mainly because of the amount of time i had had off work due to my illnesses and the restricted work i could do :oops:. Since then i have been at home as a full time carer to my 73yr old mum who lives with me and my daughter (14yrs old) I did try to get another job and get help from the job centre but as soon as they realised my illnesses etc the man said oh we will class you as a full time carer!
I was diagnosed with the HMS/EDS last october and promptly discharged by the consultant and told to get on with life and to learn to live with my condition and its restrictions and problems. I was diagnosed about 6yrs ago with the menieres (ear and balance disorder). I have had both conditiond my whole life and been fobbed off with the whole "its growing pains" "she'll grow out of it" :roll:
I would like to know how everyone else is coping with the constant pain etc and hopefully have a friendly chat and a mutual moan with some online friends :grouphug:
jeanz
UKFM Newbie

Re: saying hi as new to the forum

Postby shazq » Sat May 29, 2010 3:50 pm

:welcome: to the forum.
you have come to the right place for help and support. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sat May 29, 2010 7:34 pm

Hi Jeanz and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Sun May 30, 2010 3:35 am

:welcome: to the forum Jeanz, you are asking how everyone is coping with the pain, we are all different in the way we deal with our pain, you will find that to,my pain never goes away, but i can have good days aswell as bad, so i try my best to take one day at a time,hope you get plenty of good days. :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby helen virgo » Mon May 31, 2010 4:01 pm

Hi Jeanz and :welcome: to the forum, hope you'll find it useful and a place of support. I look forward to your posts.

With regards to your question I have HMS and menieres. The HMS I have had all my life but the menieres only for about a year and a half although it is well controlled with beta histamine. The way I cope with pain etc is by trying to listen to my body and rest when it tells me to and pace as well as I can. I also use crafting etc to distract me from it all. Hope you are having a reasonable day :hugs:
Helen x

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:29 am

hi jeanz :wave:
:welcome: :welcome:
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby crystalkaz » Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:04 am

:welcome: :wave:

hi and welcome
crystalkaz
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello