[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Popping on to say Hi :)

Popping on to say Hi :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Popping on to say Hi :)

Postby Nicliz » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:29 pm

Hello all

I am new to this forum and to fibromyalgia. Firstly let me introduce myself, I am Nic 23 years old from Derbyshire. I have suffered with health problems all my life, right from a heart condition at birth to endometriosis from age 11 and now fibromyalgia which I was diagnosed with 4 months ago.

I have spent all weekend reading this forum and my whole life is finally starting to make sense. It's amazing everything that I have read I can attribute to my life at some stage or other and things that I was putting down to the medication I was on or feeling particularly unwell that week could well have been fibromyalgia for years.

I don't think I have the pressure points but I suffer from incredible pain in my legs all the time. I was born with clicky hips and after being in a frog splint as a baby I didn't really struggle until around 10 years ago when my hips started aching, I put this down to my body changing and going through puberty but perhaps it wasn't. The pain in my hips has only got worse to the point now, I have days and sometimes weeks where I am in so much pain in my hips I can't walk. I get a lot of relief from this during the summer when it is warmer and I find that I can do more stuff, walking around etc but it doesn't stop the pain and cramps in my legs which are just as bad if not worse then the hip pain at times.

Anyway I am rambling, just wanted to say hi and I am sure I will see you all around at some point :)

Nic xxx
Another ditch in the road, you keep moving!
Another stop sign, just keep moving on!
Nicliz
UKFM Member

Re: Popping on to say Hi :)

Postby loubie » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:00 pm

hi nic :wave:

:welcome: :welcome: to the mad house :lol:

it makes you feel better just to know your not on your own doesn't it
see ya around the forum

loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Nicliz » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:00 pm

Hi lou

Thanks, it definately makes it easier not being alone.
Nicliz
UKFM Member

Postby helen virgo » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:17 pm

Hi Nic and :welcome: to the forum, hope you find it useful and a place to come to for support. It is certainly a great feeling not to be alone :)
Helen x

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:33 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:45 pm

Hi Nic :welcome: I'm sure you will find loads of info on here any questions don't hesitate to ask :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:19 pm

:welcome: to the forum Nic :wave:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby JudeJ » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:26 am

Hi Nic, I'm new here too so thought I would stop by to introduce myself :)

Jude xx
Jude xx

Roads are for journeys, not destinations...
JudeJ
UKFM Newbie

Postby Nicliz » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:12 am

Thanks to all of you :) I feel very welcomed.

I have left a couple of questions on the living with fibro forum and added my 2p worth on some of the threads already open.

Look forward to getting to know you all and hopefully understanding myself a bit better

Nic x
Nicliz
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello