[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Just a quick hello

Just a quick hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just a quick hello

Postby Mike1979 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:16 pm

Hi there, just registered and thought I would say hello :wave:

My name is Mike and I'm 30 years old, I've been living in pain for the last seventeen years and got sick of the doctors telling me there was nothing wrong with me until I moved back to south wales and the tests started to get to the bottom of the pains. About four months ago they told me if it's nothing they've tested me for it can only be one thing, FMS.

They have me on Tramadols for the pains and Amitriptylines to help with the sleep, not that they seem to be doing much at all!
Mike1979
UKFM Member

Re: Just a quick hello

Postby tazzajay 1 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:14 pm

:wave: Mike.You couldn't have found a better site for help and advice,plus a few giggles too.I am also in Wales.
"Judge not unless you judge yourself"
tazzajay 1
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:25 pm

hi mike
:welcome: :welcome:
to the mad house :lol: :lol:
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi Mike and :welcome: to the forum if you have any questions just ask. If your pain meds aren't working go back and see your GP as things often need to be changed/tweaked, it also takes some time for any of them to work, but 4 months seems a little too long :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:38 pm

:welcome: to the forum Mike :wave:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby miss daisy » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:57 pm

hi mike

i haven't been a member for long but i can so relate to your post tests ect ect to try and find an answer, there are probably lots of people on here who can.

i am not really up on the meds part of fm, but agree with one of the other posts if you don't feel they are working for you, then go back the docs and maybe he/she can suggest diffrent med or dose, we are all very diffrent so what works for one may not work for another, i tried amitrypline but didn't get on with it very well, but there are quite a few people on here who it works well for.

i have found this site to be most helpful, i hope you do too. :clap:

take care

:wave:
miss daisy
UKFM Member

Postby jud » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:27 pm

Hi Mike,

welcome to the forum. If meds not helping go and see your Gp and ask for them to be reviewed. Hope your GP is helpful

Hope you feel better soon.

Jude
jud
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello