Hi,

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi,

Postby Mollycat » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:32 pm

Hi, just been told i have Fibromyalgia, I'm 31 and have been signed off work for a month. My doctor has not perscribed pain killers as he want's to try physiotherapy and acupuncture, I can't take paracetamol as they upset my stomach, does anyone know any tips on how to cope with the restlessness and pain?
Thanks.
Mollycat
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi,

Postby denys » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:57 pm

Hi Mollycat and :welcome: to the forum, everyone is different have you tried cocodamol if you cant take paracetomol? personally I use hot water bottles placed on specific areas for pain, hard in this weather I know. Meds are the only thing that help with my restless legs. Sometimes a warm bath helps too (if you can manage to get in!!)

Im afraid its a matter of trial and error with this illness and others will be along with their tips as and when they can, but have a read of other posts in the mean time as you may find some tips here that help :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi there mollycat :welcome: to the forum, meds upset my tummy to as i have IBS, cocodamal helps me a little, everone is different, you will have to try things for yourself and see what works for you,I also use hot water bottel with a cover on it same as denys,this does not take my pain away, but it dulls it down a bit for me, hope this helps you, here is some soft cuddles from me to you :hugs: .
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby lizanne » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:38 pm

Hiya Mollycat, :welcome: to the forum

I'm new to the forum too and am finding it very helpful.

My doc won't prescribe painkillers either but I found acupuncture very helpful, as Budda and Denys said everyone is different. I also take amitriptyline (antidepressant) which helps me with sleep and pain.

I hope you find something that helps :)
lizanne
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:24 pm

hi :wave:
:welcome: :welcome:
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Mollycat » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:10 pm

Thanks for all your replys, I am finding this site soooooo helpful, It's nice to know i am not alone.
Mollycat
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello