hi to you all

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi to you all

Postby ladytazg » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:42 pm

hi as you can see im a newbee to this site but not a newbee to pain :D . i will give you a quick run down on my health probs and maybe i might be able to pick your heads for advice and tips on how to help myself.
im 32 female and i live on anglesey from being a child i have had many problems with my bones muscles and tissues but for years i was told they were growing pains so life went on but very painful. at the age of 25 my pains had got so bad the doctors began to belive i was actually in pain, after numerous tests and being stuck with pins i was diagnosed with hypermobility disorder and rhumatoid arthritis i was treated for these conditions with all sorts of drugs in the end after about 5 diffrent tabs they gave me methotrexate and it made my hair fall out and i had an allergic reaction to the methotrexate and had a rash from head to toe so not only was i in pain i was balding spotty and fat from being on the pill because of the methatrexate. this went on for 4 years playing with drugs and trying to find the right combo.
but last year i saw a new doc in our hospital and she has diagnosed me with having fibromyalgia .
i take amatriptalin 25mg every night ,tramadol for pain but they make me sick so some days i take morphine sulphate and arcoxia 90 wich will be changed next week when i go to hospital.
every day from morning till night i ache like you people hear would belive but others dont, but by 5pm my body has given up and i feel awful.
i know stress plays a big part in my life and doing thing basic house work kills me as for walking futher than the shop there is no point in thinking about it.
i am lucky i have a really good husband who takes care of me and allows me to do nothing and he does make my life easier in many ways.
i have a hospital appointment next week and i would like to go armed with info about drugs that work for this condition so i would love to hear what you take for your aches and pains and what i can do to help myself.
sorry for going on but in a nutshell thats my story look forward to hearing from you xx :wave:
ladytazg
UKFM Newbie

Re: hi to you all

Postby tazzajay 1 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:15 pm

:wave: Hi and welcome.I am newish here and to Fibro,but there are loads of info and tips on here that i have found useful.Enjoy the site.
"Judge not unless you judge yourself"
tazzajay 1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :wave: theres loads of stuff on here for you to print out and take to your appiontment with you good luck and keep us posted with how you get on :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:31 am

:wave: Hi ladytazj, you have been throw a lot, :hugs: glad you have joined us all, think of all the new friends you will have,you will get plenty of info and support on here, please keep in touch and good luck at the hospital next week :blowkiss:
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello