[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hi everyone

hi everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi everyone

Postby nutty1 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:39 pm

hello all newbies :welcome: too many to say it individual ,you have joined a great site,lotsof good advice and support ,not a sane one amongst em for various pains ,symptons etc :yikes: except me of course :tongueout:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Re: hi everyone

Postby denys » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:27 pm

Look who's talking :yikes: :yikes: :crazy: :clap: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Piers » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:49 pm

Thank you for your Hi (as a new member).
I'll write more later but should rest now.
I heard men with FM are in a minority - Can I add to the minority ?
I got a diagnosis of 'probably fibromyalgia' from a rheumatologist in Nov / Dec after a US internet doctor suggested FM when my wife put in symptoms and paid cash (and ankylosing spondolitis was ruled out by an MRI scan). So far Amitryplaline worked for a few months. I then moved to Imipramine. Recently this failed to help so I was moved to Gabapentin. I'm signed off work at present as the side effects were suggested to be bad and have proved so. I'll see the GP tomorrow and try and get a route forward (as I'd quite like to go back to work). All was mild until the recent stress and subsequent flare-up. Either the Imipramine was having an effect or I've got a lot worse suddenly.
Now what did I say about resting later ?
Piers
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:07 pm

Hi Piers,

always glad to :welcome: anyone to the forum be they man or woman, there are a few men on here so join in look around and any questions just ask and someone hopefully can help you or point you in the right direction. Sorry you are suffering at the moment and I hope things settle for you soon :wave: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:25 am

:wave: Hi Piers, :welcome: to the forum, hope you feel better soon :hugs: and get sorted with your GP.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby nutty1 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:39 pm

hipiers : : :wave: 3times i put clap instead of wave :crazy: hope denys doesnt read this as im the normal one :yikes: i started on gabapentin 2times a day was completely ga ga so cut down to one at night ,but not enough now so back to docs wed ,but my impression is that they take awhile to kick in then just as you get used to them i need more :dunno: about others but sure you will get feed backs
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:03 pm

Hi & :welcome:

Piers....

I chat to many males with fibro each day, if you would like to be forwarded to some please PM me and i'll sort it out but sayin that there are a few males here on the forum to help and support you...

Stress/trauma can trigger flare ups and even make the fibro worse so it could maybe that not the meds but best see GP
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:50 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello