[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Errrrr....Hi!

Errrrr....Hi!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Errrrr....Hi!

Postby Minimad » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:14 pm

Hi everyone,
I've been lurking occasionally since being diagnosed with FM about 2 months ago. God, was that a relief! I'm not mad and I'm not making it up....hurrah!
In brief, I've had problems with my back and knees for years but was told by my doctor to "lose weight and get some exercise" Thanks mate, I'm 5ft 10 and a size 16 so not exactly huge! My jaw cracks and pops out, I had SPD whilst pregnant with my 2nd and sciatica with both pregnancies. Problems with my coccyx with the 1st. Had a car crash and whiplash.
It all just seemed to start going downhill from there..I got to the point where I was waiting for something to actually drop off!
So now I have my diagnosis and a low dose of amitryptiline which is doing nothing apart from making me feel hungover every day. However, everyone now thinks I've got tablets so it's sorted and I should stop moaning.
I do feel like a bit of a fraud cause by the sound of things, I'm nowhere near the stage of some of you guys. I work 30 hrs a week in a secondary school (great for keeping my stress levels low!) and I have a face painting business which I do at weekends and during school holidays. But I'm knackered and in pain all the time. Obviously though, housework, kids, shopping etc. is also my job!
I suppose what I'm kind of wondering is my FM seems to have developed over the past 10 years and feels like it's getting a bit of a sprint on. So, does it just keep getting worse or is it like asthma where you have various degrees of severity and kind of stick at that level?

Sorry, I tend to chat a bit....so hi anyway.
Oh yeah, I forgot to add, my name is Rhea, I'm 29 and I'm an alcoholic.....well, maybe not the last bit but I felt a bit like I was introducing myself at Al Anon....haha!

Rhea :-D
Minimad
UKFM Member

Re: Errrrr....Hi!

Postby denys » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi Rhea and :welcome: to the forum :wave: we love chatterboxes so thats great, we all pretend to be alcoholics in the cafe so feel free to join us and in answer to the middle bit, in my experience yes, fibro does get worse and Im still waiting for my peak to occur, but it must get to a point were its at it's worse. Apparently it can get better too, although I havent had any experience of this :crazy: look around the site there is loads of info and im sure some of the others will be along soon :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:34 am

:wave: Hi Rhea :welcome: to the forum, you chat away, thats what we are here for, we all like to have a good moan, and a laugh :blowkiss:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby nutty1 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:46 pm

hi rhea :wave: :welcome: suppose everybody differs ,but i agree with denys ,mines got worse couldnt stop laughing at your aa bit :lol:
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:53 pm

Hi & :welcome:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:52 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello