[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello from Trish, carlisle, loves horses

Hello from Trish, carlisle, loves horses

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from Trish, carlisle, loves horses

Postby wizthebest » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:21 am

Just a quick hello and goodbye for the night. I will be back for sure but the Ami about to knock me out for the night and can't sit at pc much longer cos legs are blooming awful.

Ps - for any Admin/Mods reading .. I never got the email to say my account had been activated (otherwise I would have been here earlier)
wizthebest
UKFM Member

Re: Hello from Trish, carlisle, loves horses

Postby budda » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:45 am

:wave: Hi Trish :welcome: to the forum.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:53 am

Sorry about that Trish and :welcome: to the forum glad you have joined us :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby wizthebest » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:45 am

Here I am :)

Proper intro time ...

My name is Trisha but call me Trish (dropped the A years ago). I'm a 31 year old female living with long term partner (who I suspect is HMS but he won't believe me), old female cat of 17+ with renal failure and overactive thyroid and loony boy cat who is just a fattie but active.

After 3 years of horrendous pain, I was finally diagnosed as HM but I rather suspect it's HMS instead as Rheumy wasnt that brilliant. That was in 2007 and in September 2009, I was diagnosed as Fibro and put on Amitriptyline 25mg at night. I just about manage through the day by taking Ibuprofen 200mg + Codeine 15mg before work and during or after work depending on how bad the day is (worst day is ibu+cod and paracetomol, alternatively every 2 hours). Days off at home are ok-ish meaning I do have to take painkillers but can rest as and when I want/need to. Taking Seven Seas Joint Care Max as well, my knees havent gone whilst walking up/down stairs for the past 2 months (only once/twice) so I'm thinking it is helping in some way

I tend to have right wrist strapped up as well ... it went from hms/fibro to being tendonitis (nurse at local out of hours doc place who strapped it up) to being nothing (and in my head I reckon the doc thought) within 3 days. Now I just strap it up if it's being a pain in butt, hurting a lot and seizing up.

Also got labrinthitis (vertigo) which flares up when rushing around constantly for days, bruxism (teeth grinding at night) and sleep problems that confuse the docs when I try to explain that I can go to sleep fine, I can sleep fine, I can wake up fine .. it's what I'm doing whilst I'm asleep that's the problem (grind teeth, scratch myself, snore, toss n turn, groan, moan, talk, nightmares within 10mins of being asleep etc) and to top it off nicely, bottom right wisdom tooth peeking through again and causing my jaw to hurt cos the gum is swollen

Work is sales assistant job, only 18hours but in a stuffy humid place with no air conditioning and it can be very busy, especially now the scottish kids have broke up for 7-8 weeks hols n the english ones break up in a week or so. Do love my job most days but stress of paperwork, having to write, having to type and management annoys me. Am looking for a slower but hopefully full time job but not much around at the moment. Have had some queer funny moments at work with HM/Fibro.

Currently having a Fibro flare up, be two weeks tomoro and only had a couple days where it's eased off. Blooming weather I think and stress. Just how on earth do you ease that horrible burning sensation in your legs ? It's awful, painkillers dont help one bit. Warm bath does absolutely nothing for me apart from make it 10times worse. As soon as I'm in bath, all joints n muscles go wehey and I'm stuck and screwed up for 2 days till they settle down again. Only time it ever helped was when I had a really hot hot bath. This hot weather aint helping either, hot weather = sweating = turning to cold, damp skin when cooling off = joints/muscles flare up again.

PS - I talk a lot
wizthebest
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:49 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello