[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Lumigan 3%/fibro/glaucoma

Lumigan 3%/fibro/glaucoma

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Lumigan 3%/fibro/glaucoma

Postby BlueBell1967 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:16 am

Dear All

I have just been prescribed Lumigan 3%.

My eyes have been under observation for 18 months, 6 months ago the consultant suggested we start eye drops for glaucoma even thought my eye pressure is normal.
I wear glass, he tells me my vision is good and my field of vision is good.
Unfortunately the pictures taken of my optic nerve? indicating glaucoma ?

I have/was diagnosed with fibromyalgia last July, due to the controversy over this diagnose I have been very reluctant in accepting the finding.

Last year I also started with acute pain in my lower right rid area, this has been diagnosed as Focal Nodular hyperplasia, the consultant informed me the pain I get in this region is not due to the above, but due to fibro? I’m still insisting the pain is due the tumour as it hurts like billy-O, if I drink alcohol and if eat too big a portion of food.

I have now accepted the fibro diagnoses my symptoms are gradually getting worse but hey ho.

The reason for this post = is anyone else administering the above Lumigan? I’m told my eyes will change colour over time from blue to brown, that the skin around my eyes will darken, on the up side my eyelashes may get thicker and longer? Not that this compensates for the above.

My eyes this morning are slightly red and ache more than they normal do, my morning head ache is also worse.

Can anyone tell me their experiences?

I hate self pity and know I have little compared to some to moan about but last night I cried my eyes out. It all came crashing in; I have other problems.

I’m 42, I take 50 mg Amitriptyline my doctor wants to get this up to 75 but every time I try to increase the dose it makes me feel worse.
I take up to 3000mg Co-codamol 500/30mg a day have been for the last 2 years, prior to that for the past 10 years I’ve been on and off lots of other pain meds, for the past 20 years I been on and off antidepressants.

I’m putting serious thought to maybe it’s these drugs that have caused the illnesses I have now?

Thank you all for listening.
Love and Peace
BlueBell
BlueBell1967
UKFM Member

Re: Lumigan 3%/fibro/glaucoma

Postby miss daisy » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:00 pm

hi bluebell :wave:

i'm sorry i can't answer about the lumigan, but reading ur post about the other bits i can relate.

i was diagnosed by my gp a couple of months ago, i had and still do have a hard time believing my diagnosis, kinda of a bit like denial, and also even in this short time have had people look at me side ways when i mention it, this includes relatives, but unfortunately i can't make people understand, especially when i don't fully understand myself. :crazy:

not too sure about ur thinking on the meds causing the illness? did you mean ur eye problem or the fibro? if you meant the fiobro the only thing i could say is i haven't been on any of the meds u mention, until very recently, prior to that i was taking lots of paracetamol(within the recommended allowance ofcourse :yikes: )
i'm off to see a rheumy in a couple of weeks so only time will tell if all my symptoms are fibro on its own or in addition to something else. or just all in my head :D (i say this as through the years everything has been put down to "its all in your head syndrome")

i hoped i have helped in some way.

take care

:wave:
miss daisy
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:48 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby wizthebest » Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:50 pm

I have a friend who's HMS n the meds that her doctor put her on caused her to lose sight so much that she was registered blind. I'll send her a link to here and see what she says.
wizthebest
UKFM Member

Postby wizthebest » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:21 pm

wizthebest
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello