Not sure if its Fibromyalgia

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Not sure if its Fibromyalgia

Postby katieb » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:01 pm

I have substantial tests for the last 6 months , the main aim being to rule out MS which was confirmed last week. My GP is fantastic and recognises the symptons that I am going through. I had a blood test a few days ago and the result being low platelets and have to have the blood test again in two weeks. I am in significant pain and not at work at the moment. Probably going to try and head back next week. I have dreadful pain in my upper arms, I struggle to walk at the mo, it takes me a while to get up if I have been sitting and now and again I have dreadful pain in one section in my head, in my eye and in my ear. The tiredness is lousy as well. As I type it is quite pain in my wrists. I was just wondering if anyone recognises the symptons. The GP has now mentioned Fibromyalgia and is referring me to a rheumotologist. I was just wondering if there was any hope out there. I am 43 and have had just an active busy life, but at the moment, I do not recognise myself at all !!!!! My brain sometimes doesnt work either :-(
katieb
UKFM Member

Re: Not sure if its Fibromyalgia

Postby denys » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:50 pm

Hi Katie and :welcome: to the forum, yes your symptoms sound familiar but the problem with FM is that the symptoms overlap with so many different illnesses that it has to be diagnosed after having ruled everything else out so hope you dont have to wait too long for your rhuemy appointment and a firm dx :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby katieb » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:24 am

Thanks so much for replying Denys..this is all very new to me a bit of a minefield and desperate to get my old self back !!!! I feel 20 years older at the moment ...seeing GP this evening, so hopefully that will help until rheumo appt ..... X
katieb
UKFM Member

Postby cel guild » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:16 pm

hi katie

i was just diagnosed with fms last week i know what you mean with the dont recognise yourself i cant het used to the not being able to do things like i used to & the constant pain everywhewre

i am one of the lucky ones my doc listens & said a couple of months ago he feels if his patient is still in pain he hasnt done his job to help them

hope your docs appt went ok

cel
cel guild
UKFM Newbie

Postby katieb » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:21 pm

Thanks so much for the replies. I saw my GP and the blood results he was expecting to come back indicating muscular inflammatory problem came back. He has wacked me on a couple more pain killers and contacting the rheumotologist to try and get urgent appointment and I seem to going downhill quite quickly.

The pressure is on to get back to work ASAP , i.e Monday as our sickness policy as changed and it is now 4 weeks full pay 2 weeks half pay then nothing over a 12 month period as unfortunately a virus knocked me out 7 months where these symptons really kicked in , so pressures of financial income and my work and my health is such a balancing act. Dont get me wrong my work are fantastic for sickness policy is sickness policy !!!

Just wondering how people got on with their rheumotologist

Once again thanks so much for replies ??? X
katieb
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:11 am

If you look arounf the site, you'll see people seem to have different experiences with their rheumies as well as other healthcare professionals, hope you feel better soon, :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello