Hello Everyone

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello Everyone

Postby Jena » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:59 pm

I signed up here this morning and have been lurking for a little while, but reading the posts from other new people I feel so glad I have found this site.

I have recently been diagnosed with FM by my GP, after being sent to a raft of various consultants, and I am now getting different medications and feeling a little better at the moment, more positive anyway. It has been a very long road.

So I am extremely pleased to have found your forum and to finally feel that I really do have my symptoms and it is not all in my head, and that there are others out there going through exactly the same and finding hope and support.

I look forward to getting to know you all and as well as learning to help myself, to offer support to others too.

Kaloo Kalay, oh wonderous day!!

Jena :wave:
Jena
UKFM Member

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby miss daisy » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:34 pm

hi jena :wave:

welcome to the forum, i have been recently diagnosed too by my gp after many tests ect, got a rheumatology appointment next week.

and yes i do agree it is such a relief to find out that its not all in your head i felt it was that way for many years.

i have found the forum has lots of info on various things,and lots of support from people who can undersatnd how you are feeling.
i particularly like the positive and fun topics :)

take care jena

:wave:
miss daisy
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi Jena and :welcome: to the forum we are glad you found us too and look forward to your posts :clap: :wave: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:34 am

Hi Jena :welcome: to the forum, glad you have joined us :wave:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Jena » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:57 am

Thank you all for the welcome,

Miss Daisy, the fun topics are much needed these days, I will also look forward to them, and maybe I can provide some light relief myself.

I have been off work now for a few years, I did try going part-time, but even that was a real difficulty and several nasty falls ended that contract, so I have been trying to start something new from home, and doing as much as possible to keep myself busy when I am able to, and to stop the creeping insanity of poverty and galloping towards old age at an alarming pace.

I have started growing my own vegetables and keeping chickens in my garden, and sometimes in the past 2 years they have been my saviours. They give me a reason to hobble around in the mornings, to actually get dressed sometimes and when they are out and free ranging in the garden they work very hard as little helpers with the garden. They also listen to all my moans and groans and have become adept at dodging clumsy feet.

I think I would have gone mad during the long cold days of winter, without them and the dog making me look ahead and try to be positive, and their antics are guaranteed to bring a smile somehow, even through tears of frustration and pain.

I have had a scout around the site and have already found lots of info, I found a very good article on clinics in London and Bristol which gave some good info on the research into FM that is going on and lots of it rang bells, which is good, and oustide of the house I have been able to join an Expert Patient Programme locally, which has introduced me to 2 other ladies with FM, and it is building a network with people coping with long term pain.

After the long, long journey to diagnosis, it feels a bit like a light has suddenly been turned on, I first asked a doctor "Could this be Fibromyalgia?" in 2002, and he said NO, it was stress related, and I bowed to the authority and went away and kept struggling on and actually aggrevated my condition to the point where I now have a ruptured Bursa in my left shoulder and tendon damage around it. Now the smiling professor tells me it will deteriorate as I age.

But at least I can now put a name to my stiff attempts to get around, the frequent whinges as I over-exert, and the fog that has grown from a need to sleep versus a total inability to find restful sleep.

I will soldier on and maybe be able to bring some smiles to the rest of you with chicken antics and the most wonderful Border Collie who is also dealing with the creaks and groans of advancing age. Now I smile to see him sometimes wanting to bounce around in excitement but finding creaking joints prevent him, when my sons come home for the day and he remembers long runs up the mountain and a manic game of football. We now have an action plan to walk every day for 15 minutes, that could even take both of us through the gate, stand by for an update.

Have a good day everyone despite the showers.

Jena. :grouphug:
Jena
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:31 pm

Hi Jena, I will look forward to the next update, keep your chin up. :blowkiss:
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello