[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello everyone!

Hello everyone!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello everyone!

Postby WennyP » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:20 pm

I was diagnosed with Fibro last month. I'd had my suspicions... I'd been feeling unwell (by that, I mean stiffness and pain in my legs and hips, inability to walk hardly at all after 20-40 minutes while on a country ramble - one of my FAVOURITE pursuits :cry: plus a gamut of other Fibro-associated things), so I started going to my doctor about 18 months ago. My blood was tested for everything, and my doctor told me to go back again in 3 months, which I did. Then the same. More blood please, come back in 3 months...3 months later...etc etc - nothing. Then I was in particularly bad pain one day after a walk (by this time I'd bought a couple of Leki Hiking Poles to help me on my way!) whereby I couldn't move my hips or legs to take off my overtrousers and walking boots, without excruciating pain. I decided to see my doctor again, but she was away, so I saw her colleague. Totally different reaction. We had a long, long talk about my symptoms, my worries, my family's medical history etc. She then said she couldn't see the point in sending me for blood tests every 3 months because nothing ever showed up - did I mind if she referred me to a consultant rheumatologist? Bingo! At last, someone in the medical profession who listened to me!

I went along to see the consultant rheumatologist who asked me tons of questions, then popped me on the couch and started applying gentle pressure on various points on my body (which I thought rather strange). Then a wry smile formed on his face "okay, I know what you have. Have you ever heard of something called 'Fibromyalgia'?" Well, that was a turning point indeed. He said he would like me to have a MRI scan just to make sure there was nothing unusual going on that he hadn't picked up on. The scan came back negative.

So now I'm on this forum! I have several questions, but I shall read through the forums to see if there are any answers for them, if not I'll post my first proper question!

Sorry if this is a bit long and thank you for reading - if you got to the end, that is!

Today is a good day - the first in several weeks :o
"No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings"
WennyP
UKFM Member

Re: Hello everyone!

Postby denys » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:29 pm

Hi WennyP and :welcome: to the forum any questions just ask and someone will be a long, it may take a little time so please be patient with us :wink: glad you found us :wave: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby stephanini » Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:35 pm

hi there,

im new to the forum to...i would love to do "country ambles" but unfortunately i am completely unable to walk around my house most days never mind get some boots on and dodge sheep-dip...

i have "unofficially" been diagnosed with FM (the doctor says yes, just waiting to be seen by someone else to confirm), but im hoping if and when i get a diagnosis it will be easier to cope with in my head, as the unknown is quite scary when you feel so bad on a day-to-day basis.

see you around
:wave:

stephanini
UKFM Member

Postby Jena » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Hi Wendy,

:welcome: I have just joined the site too, the one thing I have missed so much is being able to walk in the countryside, my Border Collie is not so happy with me either...lol.

The site is full of good information and everybody is friendly and willing to help, I hope you find your answers, I have already found out some very interesting things about research and the answers that are slowly coming as to the causes. It is funny suddenly finding things that actcually make sense.

Good luck on your search and I hope you feel much better soon.

Jena.
Jena
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:22 pm

:welcome: to the forum Wennyp, so you are not going crazy, you will be glad to know that, and your pain is real not all in your head, loads of us on the forum have been through this, glad you have joined us :wave:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:31 pm

:welcome: Steph, yes it is scary when you dont know whats wrong and you have all this pain, and i found it easier when they told me what i had, you will get your own way of dealing with this, but when you are down, we are all here for you :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:56 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby helen virgo » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:44 pm

Hi Wennyp and :welcome: to the forum. Hope you will find it a great place for support :hugs:
Helen x

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Postby elaineb » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:05 pm

hi im new to this site but not to fibro, look forward to getting to know you all
elaineb
UKFM Newbie

Postby elaineb » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:05 pm

hi im new to this site but not to fibro, look forward to getting to know you all
elaineb
UKFM Newbie

Postby piglet_mini » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:56 pm

:wave: I'm new too (but not to Fibro) Welcome! I'll try to help answer any ? you have x x
piglet_mini
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello