[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello from Sam in Kent

Hello from Sam in Kent

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello from Sam in Kent

Postby sammy9 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:47 am

Hi to everyone!
Thought it's about time I faced up to my life how it is now!
I was diagnosed with FM in Jan 09'. I am 43, was working part time as a nurse and looking after my husband and three children ( now 18, 9 and 7).

Going along my merry way until in Nov 2005 I was involved in a car accident. I was stationary and was hit from behind at full force. Well to cut a long story short, I got very ill over the next few months which turned in to years! I was under a psychiatrist with depression, in so much pain all over, unbelievable fatigue and exhaustion, chronic diarrohea and bleeding, migraines, nausea, pins and needles. My GP sent me for tests.

So for two years of biopsies, x rays, scans, you name it they did it, I was no better. They thought it was a stroke, then I was told possible crohn's. Eventually my gastro said I think you have FM, I was referred to a rheumatologist.

This was in Dec 08, only three years after the accident!!! He examined me and did the tender point test, took bloods to rule out anything else and then confirmed FM in the Jan. In a way I was relieved that someone had put there finger on the problem, I never wanted to be diagnosed with an illness but was going out of my mind with desperation.

It has completely changed my life. My marriage broke down and I am going through divorce, my employment with the NHS was terminated in 2007 on the grounds of ill health. I have recently had more biopsies of the bowel as the tummy pain, bowel problems are terrible, fed up with looking pregnant! It is a severe variant of IBS they say go for CBT.

It's not all doom and gloom though!! On a happier note I met the man of my dreams last year. I have now moved to Kent to be with him. He is a real gem and takes care of me. I was worried at first to tell him I was ill. He was fantastic, and cares so much.

I have now decided to listen to what my body is telling me! originally I thought I won't let this beat me! how wrong was I to think that. I feel terrible all the time and do hide a lot from others. I feel that I am at the stage where I have come to terms with it and try to deal with the illness!

Sam x :wave:
sammy9
UKFM Member

Re: Hello from Sam in Kent

Postby Jena » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:59 am

Hi Sam and Welcome, :welcome:

You will see so many posts on here that reflect similar experiences, i am so glad that things are working out for you now.

There is a load of very good information on the site that I have found very useful. I have the IBS thing as well and it is not easy to deal with, I hope they can offer you some help soon.

Best wishes and :hugs:

Jena.
Jena
UKFM Member

Postby sammy9 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:04 am

Hi Jena,

Many thanks for that, the feeling of not being alone is very comforting!

:hugs: from Sam
sammy9
UKFM Member

Postby Ellen Tracey » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:13 am

Hi Sam,

im sure you will find lots of good advice on here :D

I have fibro, arthritis and ibs, not nice is it, i am also a mum, i have twins aged 9, i got divorced after 16 yrs of marraige but like yourself now have a new partner and things are good :mrgreen:

Nice to meet you,

Take care

:hugs:
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby sammy9 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:20 am

Thankyou so much, lovely to meet you too :D
Glad that you are happy and settled as well.

:hugs: from Sam
sammy9
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:26 am

Hi Sam and :welcome: to the forum, I have paragraphed your post into smaller segments as due to FM I cannot read blocks of text anymore :( it makes my eyes go funny and I cant remember what I've just read so end up having to read it over and over or give up, glad you've joined us and look forward to getting to know you :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sammy9 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:30 am

Hi Denys :wave:

Thankyou for doing that, I am not great on the computer :!:

I look forward to some great info and chats.

Best wishes

Sam :hugs:
sammy9
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:41 am

:wave: Hi Sam :welcome: to the forum, you will love it on here, everyone is great and understand what you are going through.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby sammy9 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:45 am

Hi and thankyou for the warm welcome :D

I look forward to some new friends and chats.

Best wishes and :hugs:

Sam
sammy9
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:53 am

Hi Sammy :wave: :welcome: to the forum. So sorry to hear you've been thru so much, but glad things are on the up for you now. Hope you find lots of new friends on this wonderful place :D Take care :hugs: cherry
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:14 pm

:welcome: to ther forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby helen virgo » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:53 pm

Hi Sam and :welcome: to the forum, hope you find it a useful place full of support :hugs:
Helen x

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Postby darren evans » Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:37 am

hi sam welcome im in gillingham and there is a fibo meeting in medway that happens every month if u dont know about it i go and it helps me as no one judges you as every one the has fibro and its good to listen to other peoples days and how they get thew it i will send u a privert message with my home number and i can give u information talk soon darren :wave:
darren evans
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello