scared newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

scared newbie

Postby mammanaffy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:09 am

Hi

My name is Anne, i'm 55 and I live in the northeast.

I have been reading this forum since about febuary. I finaly joined in june and I've read just about every post on this sight. S0 here goes.

Like most members I have had bouts of chronic pain over the years but because i have had pain since a childhood I just accepted it and thought that everyon else had pain as well, every time i went to the doctor he would give me antinflamitrys as a result after one episode of the antiinflamitry it was discovered that it had striped the lineing of my stomache and i had to be put on tablets for 2 years to rebuild the lineing, with the result I stayed away untill january the year.

After months of eye pain
lose of ballance
cuold not put a sentance together
i felt as if i was not in cntrole of my body ( i felt drunk all the time)
i hurt everywhere, O how i hurt
i was so tierd that i did not have the list to make myself a drink, but at the same time i could not sleep.

i was so ill at work they sent me home (in the 3 years ive worked there i have draged myself in and never had a day off i was off for 15 weeks)

So off to the doctors i went,referred straight away the nuero had eg , eeg mir,even had aman stick pins in me then he only plugged me in and sent electricity through me. ( all he needed to do was shine a bright light in my eyes and would of told him every secret in the book) never mind that. it was'nt ms horay

then saw spine doctor as mir scan show I'd had a slipage of the spine sicne birth (now i know why i've one ear thicker than the other that's where my mam would give me a clip when i used to cry because my winter coat would make my back ache)

Here comes the scary bit I'm off to see a rumy doc on Saterday, I know this sounds daft but i want to know what it is i've got even if it is fm, because i feel like i going mad every time they say the results are normal but at the same time i don't want to have fm. am I going crackers.
As i relize from most of your posts.

You are all very very brave and make the most of your situation .
thank you all for sharing your expirence
What ever the outcome This forum has been a tower of strength

if this post does not make any sence i apologise as a foggy head and dislexyer don't go well together
mammanaffy
UKFM Newbie

Re: scared newbie

Postby loubie » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:32 am

hi Anne
:welcome: to the forum nutty house :lol:
it is all very scary isn't it, we have all sorts of things going on in our bodies an no explanation
as to why it is happening ??
wish there was a pill out there that would give us all our lives back :(
take some one with you to your appointment so they can explain if you forget anything
and they will also remember what was said to you.
i don't take in what is said to me :oops:
all the best :hugs:
let us know how you get on
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Ellen Tracey » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:12 am

Hi Anne,

:welcome: to the forum,

Good luck with your appointment, if its any consalation i felt just the same as you, and even now when i have tests done i panic like heck.

Let us know how you get on,

Nice to meet you :hugs:
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:57 pm

Hi Anne and :welcome: to the forum, glad you have joined us, I have all the pain you talk about, and forget things, thought i was going crazy, GP tryed everthing, scans, blood test, for me it was scarey, i was getting really down, but when i got told i had FM, there was a name for what i have, it was such a relief, but i learn to cope with it, and try and have as much as a normal life as i can, for me, it was better to know what i had, i did not chose to have FM, it chosed me, good luck with your appointment, let us know how you get on.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby samew » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:06 pm

Hi Anne

Welcome, i hope you get as much from this site as i do.

Sam :wave:
samew
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:30 pm

Hi Anne :welcome: to the forum, glad you decided to join us, we all understand how you feel as you need to know what is wrong and give it a name but FM is still not fully understood and it's scary.

We like to try to support and comfort each other and also have a bit of fun too, good luck with your appointment and let us know how you get on :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Jena » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:05 am

HI Anne,

and welcome to the site, I am quite new myself and your fears are just the same as everyone has I am sure, I know I could put myself right in your place.

good advice so far, take someone with you if you can and it will make it easier, if not then take your time and ask them to explain everything if you are not sure. I have felt over the past 3 years that I have been in some very lonely, confusing and scary places waiting for someone to stick a label on me and I hate labels but it is a huge relief to know what I am trying to fight, and how I can get through.

This is a brilliant site and there is fantastic amount of support here for you.
Best wishes and very gentle hugs Anne, :hugs:

Jena.
Jena
UKFM Member

Postby mammanaffy » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:21 pm

Hi all

Thank you so much for you'r suport. Well it's oficial it's fm.

I had my appointment the rumy this morning and he was wounderful, he even gave me a leaflet he has had published with a outline of fm with local support groups listed, he has arranged for a live test and a abdominal ultrasound for this week but i,m confident that they will be normal. ( i thourght liver spots and burst blood vessels was jusy part growing old but unfortunitly not gracefully)

There was a point when my ears did prick up and that was when he said, it was on my gp's records in 2004 that i could be suffering from fm.( it makes you wounder dosn't it )

It seems strange that when i went into work today it felt as if a waight had been lifted off shoulders.

Once again thank you for your support ( i would have put the flowers on but can't work how you do it. You wouldn't think i on a computor all day ) Well if you knew me you say yes that's anne for you
mammanaffy
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:47 am

Hi Anne glad you got some answers, to put any of the smillies on a post just double click on it and it will show as text till you submit the post and then it turns to the smilie :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby jud » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:21 am

Hi Anne,

Glad you got a result yesterday. I acn completely empathyse with you about the pasin and foggy brain etc. It took many years for my FM diagnosis to happen and it is an amazing but scary relief when you finally have a name for all your symptoms. Hopefully now you can start some treatment and get some relief.

Take care :flowers:

Jude
jud
UKFM Member

Postby cherryblossom » Sun Aug 01, 2010 9:02 pm

Hi Anne,

:wave: Glad you got your results. I think we all felt we were going mad when our results kept coming back as ok, I know I did! It's such a relief when you're finally told you're not, even tho none of us wanted this, we have it. And as you can see, we're all on here helping each other to get thru each day, so glad you plucked up the courage to join us :grouphug: There's enough of everyone to go round Take care and keep talking :flowers: all the best cherry
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello