help

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

help

Postby pinkeyore » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:23 pm

just wondering if anyone has had any success on pain relief as everything i have had so far hasnt worked :needhug:
pinkeyore
UKFM Newbie

Re: help

Postby stephanini » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:52 pm

i dont take any pain killers anymore becaus etheyve stopped working, but i found amatriptaline (sp) to be good when i was first put in it...

it made me sleep right through and feel refreshed...it was instant relief (e.g. it worked the 1st night i took them)

i hope that helps :crazy:
stephanini
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:34 am

Hi Pinkeyore and :welcome: to the forum, everyone is different and what works for some wont necessarily work for everyone. Unfortuantely it's a little bit of trial and error with this condition. If you look around the sight especially in treatments and medications you should find some of the different things people have tried :wave: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby piglet_mini » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:24 pm

I agree Amitriptyline is a good place to start but i'm not a doctor! I think it is about trial and error, for me having a continuious release of pain killers via a patch works best. Are you under the pain team at your hospital?
The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveller than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination.
piglet_mini
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello