[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New, only just diagnosed and scared

New, only just diagnosed and scared

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New, only just diagnosed and scared

Postby Mystic_Angel » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:14 pm

Hi, my name is Cheryl and I'm 23. After 4 years of pain and misery I was finally diagnosed yesterday. The diagnosis came completely out of the blue as no one had ever mentioned before that FM could be what I was suffering from. It's nice to finally know an actual name to what I have instead of being told it was all in my head, but on the other hand, all hope that I'd be "cured" is gone. The Dr, after an examination said " You have Fibromyalgia and there is no cure, you just have to learn to cope." He added more painkillers to the mix I was already on and told me he'd refer me to some pain physio or something and see me in 10 weeks. Other than that, I have to find everything out for myself. I just feel so lost :( :oops:
Mystic_Angel
UKFM Member

Re: New, only just diagnosed and scared

Postby denys » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Hi Cheryl, :welcome: to the forum, there's no need to feel alone or afraid any more cos you've found us. Any questions just ask and eventually someone will be along, it may be a little while as due to FM we are not always on the site here's some :hugs: and :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby piglet_mini » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:27 pm

Hello and welcome! I am new to the forum today but not to FMs - it is a bit of a relief to get a diagnosis but not really helpful when there is not real sure, just management. It may take a while to find what works best for you but hang in there, with a supportive GP you should be able to try a variety of treatments. Physio works for some for me it was to painful and hydrotherapy worked better.
Look forward to chatting to you further xx
piglet_mini
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:35 am

Hi Cheryl :welcome: to the forum, there is know need to feel lost, you have just found loads of new friends, any time you have to speak or moan or laugh, there is always someone on here to listen, sending you :hugs: and :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Mystic_Angel » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:07 pm

Thanks for the replys :D I'm slowly sifting through website after website trying to find out as much info as possible. Not very easy at the moment though seen as I can't remember the last time I slept for more than about 2 hours at a time, no matter how tired I am!
Mystic_Angel
UKFM Member

Postby Jena » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:34 pm

HI Cheryl and welcome,

Just to join everyone else and say don't be afraid and scared, you will find loads of answers here. Just remember this condition is quite individual, and we all have different pings and pangs every day. But everyone here has been through exactly where you are now and will always understand.

I just smiled when I read that you have had very little sleep, been there so long it is just not funny. But since i was diagnosed I have finally managed to get just a few more hours and with the info i have found here I have at least managed to feel a little more positive and to feel the huge relief of not facing being told ever again that it is all in my head.

You will do fine, and make some great new friends here,

:hugs:

Jena. :flowers:
Jena
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello