[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - newbie here,needing help on fibro and pregnancy

newbie here,needing help on fibro and pregnancy

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

newbie here,needing help on fibro and pregnancy

Postby fifelass » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:54 pm

hello to everybody

A little bit about myself,i am married with 6 kids ages from 20 to 2,i run my own partyplan business and is due to start open uni in a couple of weeks,i have a wonderfull husband who looks after me when the meds dont work , and the kids.

we have just found out that im expecting baby no 7 much to our shock ,as i am 40 and hubby is 50 lol,getting used to the idea slowly, tried to find out about fibro and pregnancy but seem to come up with nothing?.As the doc has took me of my meds u can imageing how am feeling with fibro and pregnancy symptoms.

Any advice would be gratefull and am sure am not the first to have fibro and be pregnant there has to be info somewhere.

oh and my doc not very helpfull he gave me loads of paracetamol .

look forward to hearing from everbody
fifelass
fifelass
UKFM Newbie

Re: newbie here,needing help on fibro and pregnancy

Postby budda » Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Sorry fifelass, cant help you with pregnancy answers, but am sure there is someone on the forum who has been pregnant,and congratulations on your new baby :woot: hope you feel better soon :hugs:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby piglet_mini » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:15 am

Hi, I have had 2 babies - for the first 12 weeks just paracetamol (was hard but worth it) then I introduced codine, diazepam, tramadol - ALL of which the doctors advice was if benefits outweigh the risks then take. HOWEVER when both of mine were born (emergency section 1st then 2nd elective c-section - best option for pain) they had to stay in hospital for 10 days as they needed to be monitored incase they suffered any withdraw symptoms. Get your GP to immediately refer you to the hospital (pref a obs dr with fibro experience) and be hospital led and not midwife led.

I also had accupunture, hydrotherapy & reflexology (all after week 12) and benefitted but they were really expensive.

Good luck - I admire you very much, I wish I could cope with having more children!!

:hugs:
piglet_mini
UKFM Member

Postby Elsbeth » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:30 am

Hey

welcome to the forum.

I had a baby 2 years ago (just) and I actually found my symptoms got better when I was pregnant. I too came off my meds but had them nearby just incase I needed a little something.

I was still taking small amounts of Morphine as and when needed and all was OK with baby.
My care was mainly midwife care but I was under the consultants as I had to have a section due to other health conditions.

I did however get sterilised when I had her as I didn't want to run the risk again.
Elsbeth
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:26 pm

:welcome: to the forum, congrats on baby no 7. :flowers:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:49 am

Congratulations to you both on the new baby and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby piglet_mini » Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:53 am

Elsbeth - what date 2 yrs ago? I had my 2nd on 8th July 06 so she is just two too!!

I have just heard from my cousin (who also has fibro) she is expecting her 3rd child (only 8 weeks gone) but she says in the last week her fibro symptoms have almost disappeared! When I googled I found lots of sites saying that pregnancy helped their symptoms! Fifelass Maybe you'll be one of those people?? How were you throughout your other 6 pregnancies?
piglet_mini
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello