[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello

Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby CarlieWarlie » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:34 pm

Hello,
I am new on here, tbh I have been putting off coming on here as I have been in a little denial! I am really surprised how lovely you all are! I just seem so grumpy and cannot see the end of the tunnel! I am tired, constantly hurting and always feel like I could cry. My Pain management consultant diagnosed me after visiting him and completing a course with the pain management Physio. I have been off work for some time now and due to start back on a phased return. Work are completely unsympathetic and are not accommodating even with recommendations from the Occupational Health Doctor. I am covered by the DDA but it doesn’t seem to make a difference, I am going back as I don’t want to lose my job! I have been reading through some of the different threads and have seen the same symptoms as I have and I mean even the same medication!!
Wow now I really feel like I am just blabbing grumpy things! Sorry if you were happy before you read this thread.
Pain free wishes to everyone. XxX
CarlieWarlie
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby loubie » Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:52 pm

hi :wave: :wave:

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: to our nut house :tongueout:

we are all grumpy at times
so don't be so hard on your self :hugs:
we none of us wont to be like this and just remember its not your fault
that you have fibro.
try keep ya chin up and take one day at a time
come on here an have a bloody good moan if you wont, we all do it :yikes:
welcome again :flowers:
loubie x
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:15 am

:welcome: to the forum :wave: , you can be as grumpy as you want, so sorry you are feeling realy bad, everyone deals with the pain different, today is a good day for ME, although am still in pain, but i have bad days to, i to take one day at a time to deal with my pain, try not to worry about your work to much, it will only stress you more and give you pain,so glad you have come to join us,some soft :hugs: from me to you.
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby nutty1 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:15 pm

:welcome: we all know what you are going through ,think it took me 3-4 months before i joined ,was a bit like peeping tom :oops: then realised what a great bunch they are .no judgement or thinking i was alone anymore .this site and everyone on it has been so supportive .they have kept me going last fe3w months .and all topics have helped me understand more . :crazy: and we have our escapism s as well
nutty1
UKFM Regular

Postby piglet_mini » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:25 am

:wave: Glad u took the plunge to join us!! You will soon find we all have our grumpy days but i'm sure after getting to know people, getting the right support you will soon have more happy days than grumpy!!! :hugs:
piglet_mini
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:13 pm

Hi CarlieWarlie, :welcome: to the forum, as the others have said we all have our grumps and that is what the forum is for, to talk to like minded people who understand totally where you are coming from. So glad you've found us and look forward to getting to know you :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby CarlieWarlie » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:13 pm

Thank you everyone,
You have all been so kind.
I just don't know where to start. I have researched the symptoms and treatments. I have had a mention of injections into my lower back to numb moderate pain for a week or so.
The impression that I have got from professionals is that its something to just get on with. This is quite scary!!
Not sure about benefits and support. If you have any information i would be grateful.
CarlieWarlie
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:58 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello