[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello!

Hello!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello!

Postby lovebristol » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:11 pm

Hi, I'm female and live in Bristol and after a few years of suffering with many fibro symptoms after an injury, my chiropracter has told me she thinks I have it and that I need to get my doctor onboard to get a formal diagnosis. I'm in my late 20s, used to do a lot of sport and miss it so my main aim at the moment is to find exercise that I can do (that's cheap and/or free) and find other things to spend my time on. Also looking to use the forum to help me in the process of getting a diagnosis so that whatever diagnosis I get, it's more likely to be the right one.

Looking forward to using the forum and getting to know people :)
lovebristol
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello!

Postby loubie » Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:26 pm

hi :wave: :wave:

:welcome: :welcome: to the mad house :lol:
have a good look through the forum
you will find lots of answers to a lot of your questions
and if not just ask!
someone will always answer you and try and help :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi Lovebristol and :welcome: to the forum glad yo've found us and look forward to getting to know you too. :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:52 pm

:welcome: to the forum lovebristol :flowers: [chocolate]
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:00 pm

:welcome: to the forum.
Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lovebristol » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:58 am

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :D

Well I saw my chiro again yesterday and she's agreed to write a letter to my GP, I just hope she's on board with investigating it.

I think the main thing that I will be trying to find out is ways of managing it. Depression's better, GP looking to get me off the prozac after the winter which is great. Also slowly learning what not to eat - creamy cocktails last night were NOT a good idea, my stomach only seems to like skimmed/low fat dairy products (rubbish :evil: ). So it's mainly the physical stuff I need to get to grips with.

Are there any people out there who used to be really sporty who've manage to get back to a tolerable level of activity? If I don't go for a kick around on the downs in the next 12 months I fear I may go mad!
lovebristol
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello