Just diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just diagnosed

Postby sbedvek » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:15 pm

Hello x
After nearly 3 years of feeling really dreadful, having hypothyroidism, I have finally been diagnosed with FM and hypermobility. I would like to say :tongueout: to my old boss who swore I was a hypochondriac and bullied me out of my job. I have been out of work since February but my nearly 3 year old son keeps me smiling.
I was so happy to have diagnosis but reality has kicked in that they're never going to make me completely better and I am a real princess when it comes to pain! I have always been a bubbly, active, hard-working gal and I am a carer to my elderly Dad and now I need a carer some days!! The wierdest thing is just when I think I'm dealing with the pain fog and fluey symptoms they disappear! How can I make my family and friends understand when I don't myself?
sbedvek
UKFM Newbie

Re: Just diagnosed

Postby denys » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, glad you have found us. It's difficult to explain this condition to others but there is a lot of information on here that you can print out to show others, look forward to getting to know you :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:10 am

:welcome: to the forum, glad you have joined us :wave:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby sbedvek » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:34 pm

Thanks and hi x I look forward to finding out lots more :D
sbedvek
UKFM Newbie