[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Just Diagnosed - new to forum

Just Diagnosed - new to forum

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just Diagnosed - new to forum

Postby iancb » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:36 am

Hello all,

My name is Ian and I live in the London area. Well, after years of chronic pain and ailments of one sort or the other, I have arrived at a diagnosis. This only happened the other week and, although it is not going to change the pain I have, at least I can now call it something I suppose? I am a little bit numb and slightly lost and I now have to go to the GP and explain it to him: He is a little bit simple and has often said "you'll be all right".

I am 44, work (just), am married, have two children and try to do my best really. I hope the forum (people using it) and the website help me go forward a bit as I am a little worried because things are getting worse.

Anyway, hello everyone and I look hearing from you and your advice.

Thx
Ian
Ian
iancb
UKFM Newbie

Re: Just Diagnosed - new to forum

Postby Mike1979 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:56 am

Hello Ian and welcome to the forum :wave:

It does help talking to the folk on here and I hope your Dr understands when you talk to him!

Pull up a chair relax (or try to at least) and have a good look around the place, there are even some funnies on here to help cheer you up!

Mike
Mike1979
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:02 am

Hi Ian and :welcome: to the forum, glad you found us and hope we can help you in a positive way to come to terms with your diagnosis :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby iancb » Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:41 pm

Hi Guys
thx for responding - there is a lot to take in so I will browse the forum and see whats what. Hopefully some [chocolate] and a chill out will help as well.

Regards
Ian
Ian
iancb
UKFM Newbie

Postby livermore » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:39 pm

Hi Ian,

im new to this too, only got told last week and have to get in touch with my GP sometime soon too. Didnt really get much help at hosp and havent got a clue where to go with it next but this forum has helped me already. Dont feel so alone now and have got some answers from reading other peoples posts. Hope you will too and lets hope our GPs will be able to help aswell!!!!

Take care

Michelle. x
livermore
UKFM Member

Postby Ellen Tracey » Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:49 pm

Hi Ian,

:welcome: to the forum, i have found it to be a comfort to know im not on my own with this awful illness.
Ellen Tracey
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello