Hello, another newbie

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello, another newbie

Postby Spacegirl74 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:43 pm

Hi everyone

I've only just found this site but been ill for 8 years. I suffered viral meningitis in 2002 and never really recovered. I was initially diagnosed with CFS and told to just get on with it. After 5 years of a GP telling me there was no help my partner and I moved closer to work and got a new GP. I was then referred to a CFS clinic, physio and rheumatologist. I was re-diagnosed with fibro 2years ago.

I was about 80% normal, worked full time, rode and cared for my horse, went to gigs and had a fairly full life with care and rest. I relied heavily on boom and bust to get me through. I relapsed last year and was off work for 9 months. I'm now on a phased return to work and still hoping for full time but I can barely walk most days and I'm giving all my strength to work and unable to do anything but breathe outside of work!

I am currently considering using a mobility scooter to get around and thinking about whether I should only work part time. I've been on leave the past week and feel so much better but working is important to me.

Anyway, enough about me. Looking forward to getting to know some of you in the forums. Take care all x x
Spacegirl74
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello, another newbie

Postby denys » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:19 pm

Hi Spacegirl and :welcome: to the forum, glad you found us and look forward to getting to know you as well :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello