[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi everyone, newly diagnosed

Hi everyone, newly diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi everyone, newly diagnosed

Postby sarahv » Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi folks,

I'm new here, diagnosed Monday - still taking it in..

This site looks really good.

Sarah x
sarahv
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi everyone, newly diagnosed

Postby twighlight30 » Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:31 pm

hi i have just been diagnosed by my new rheumy after bn quieried fibro by my g.p who has believed that i have had it for the past two years. sbsut it can be overwhelming when its all new, i hope that you get on well and was wandring if you have commenced on any treatments? anyway im allways here if you need a friend and you can private message me if you want i am rhona 31 years old and have 3 girls.
twighlight30
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:45 pm

Hi Sarah and :welcome: to the forum glad you found us and jump right in, any questions just ask and someone will be along to answer it as soon as they can. Everything can be a little overwhelming at first but we have all been were you are now and will do our best to help you through it :hugs: :hugs: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby chuckles » Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:01 pm

hi sarah and :welcome: :welcome: :flowers: :flowers:
chuckles
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:37 am

:welcome: to the forum Sarah this a great sight to meet a lot of new friends. :blowkiss: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:13 pm

:welcome: there is lots to take in, have a good read around the forum, any questions just ask. :wave: [chocolate]
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby sarahv » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:35 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

I haven't started any meds yet, in fact my reumy said Fibromyalgia can be controlled with diet and losing weight would help, felt disheartened as I've been fat for 20 years and tried every diet under the sun!!!

Been absolutely wiped out this week with a 4 year old son, house to run and two jobs I am barely keeping on top of things, my OH is fabulous, I'd be lost without him, but I am EXHAUSTED all the time, in fact I am tired of saying I am tired, no one is listening any more...lol :?

I ache all over and have awful pains in my arms and actual shoulders, where my arm and shoulder meet, it's very painful and I can't lift my arms, especially my left one..

O.K. moan over.. better go and organise dinner.

Thanks for listening xx
sarahv
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:14 pm

Sarah you have to take care of yourself pushing too much is just going to make your condition worse and you more tired than ever diet and weight loss dont IMO control FM they just lead to a healthier lifestyle which of course is what we all would like in a perfect world :yikes: I have also tried every diet going and am still overweight :hugs: :hugs:

But please try to find some balance so you aren't racing around and then crashing :hugs: :hugs: :blowkiss:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello