[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hi all

hi all

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hi all

Postby angie 1 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:25 pm

Hi all my name is angie and i have just been diognosed with having fibromyalgia, i don't really now what to say at the moment as i don't know that much about my condition . The doctor at hospital said there is'nt much they can do for it so i feel abit scared and unsure how to deal with it. All i know is i'm in a great deal of pain and don't sleep at night due to my arms and legs being fidgity as soon as i try and relax , i am also on co-codamol pain killers which don't seem to have much affect on the pain at all . i just feel quiet alone.

if anyone can give me any advice on how you cope with the pain ,tiredness and just feeling low most days i would be very gratefull .....

:wave:
angie 1
UKFM Member

Re: hi all

Postby denys » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:49 pm

Hi Angie and :welcome: to the forum, we have all been were you are now and are here to help you cope with all those negative feelings :yikes: The main thing is to rest when you need to and not to overdo things even when you feel ok as you will get into the boom and bust cycle. :nono: If your pain relief is not helping go back to your docs and ask for a review. :hugs:

Unfortuantly a lot of medications take time to get into the system, so it can take weeks before any effects are felt, also it's difficult to find a medication or combination of meds that work. Dont be scared of the different meds you may be offered some are mainly used for epilepsy others for depression etc. but there is some evidence that at certain dosages they can offer some relief from pain :hugs: :hugs:

Look around the forum and read some of the posts and I'm sure you will get some more answers, if you have any more questions then ask away and someone will be alonng as soon as they can to help :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby angie 1 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:59 pm

Thankyou Denys, it's nice to know there is someone out there i can talk to , i have been on the co-codamol for some years for a different problem , and it maybe i need to ask doctor to try me on something different as i know you can become immune to some pain killers after such along period of time , i will make an appointment tomorrow and see what she says.

thanks again xxx

angiexx
angie 1
UKFM Member

Postby chuckles » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:25 pm

hi angie :wave: and :welcome: i agrre with denys ushould go and see ure docs
ive only recently been dx and ive been to docs loads in the last 2wks
at mo im on paroxitine,amis,ibuprofen and co-codamol they seemed to help abit at first
but pain is bad again and not getting much sleep,doc suggested going to pain clinic
so thats my next port of call.see what happens :dunno:
you must let them know how bad u are as denys said some meds can take a while to take effect
chuckles
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:45 am

Hi Angie and :welcome: to the forum, you will never be alone on this forum, anytime you have to talk, someone will be hear to listen to you when they can. :blowkiss: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby angie 1 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:36 am

:grouphug: Thanks for all for the support, i have been to gp's today and she has put me on Trazodone to try and help me sleep but i can't start them till next week as i'm on fluoxetine at the moment for depression , so i gotta ween myself of them this wek and start the others next week. she did say the pain might get worse before it gets better.. so fingers crossed.. :nono:

is anybody else on trazodone and do you get any side affects !! :dunno: ,
i couldn't go on amitriptaline cause they make me feel paranoid and jumpy and just generally unwell , also i don't know if this is connected to FM but when it is my time of the month i have been getting really bad pains in my stomach, not like period pains are but like stabbing and really sore pains . does anyone else suffer with this aswell or is it just me ???????
:sick:
hope to here from someone soon

angie xxxxx :crazy:
angie 1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:25 pm

Hi Angie, Glad you went to the docs there are some people on TrazadoneI'm not so cant help with the side effects etc sorry. If you look in the medication and treatment thread I think you'll find some answers there plus I'm sure someone who can help will be along soon :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:12 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello