[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Another one from Scotland!

Another one from Scotland!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Another one from Scotland!

Postby Mawee » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:18 pm

Hello Everyone. I have been trying to get my Doc to listen to me for years, have long thought I have fibro, had a long talk with my Osteopath today and she would bet her career on me suffering from this so I need to just keep on at my Dr. I really don't have any faith in them anymore. It was actually so good to have someone listen and agree with me and assure me I wasn't dying or going mad and that these symptoms were not just old age either! I am 58 but feel 100 somedays.

I am a part time Chef in a very busy waterside Inn up on the Moray Firth, I only work for 3 8 hour shifts and it sometimes takes me the rest of the week to recover, I have to work for another 4 years till I get my pension and I sometimes wonder if I will be able to cope. This new government seem hell bent on getting everyone off IB.

Have to tell DH now, he is one of the 'don't talk about it and it will get better' brigade and I do know that is not doing me any good at all, I think it was his 2 bad illnesses that may have brought this on. We had just moved up here and had no support group at all, so I learnt to bottle it all up. :nono:

Gosh, sorry to go on but it is so nice to talk to anyone else who knows what I am talking about.
Mawee
UKFM Newbie

Re: Another one from Scotland!

Postby denys » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:26 pm

Hi Mawee, its really important to have a supportive doc so if you aren't getting anywhere with the one you have I'd suggest trying to find another who is FM aware.

Its good that your oesteopath is supportive and we are here to help and support you when you need it :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:08 pm

Hi Mawee :wave: am from Glasgow, so glad you have come to join us on the forum, there a great bunch on here. :blowkiss: :flowers: [chocolate]
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby Mawee » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Thank you I really do appreciate the warm welcome
Mawee
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:33 pm

:welcome: to the forum, any questions just ask. :wave: [chocolate]
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello